Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Introduction and Question

Hello,

I recently became engaged and wanted to introduce myself on this board. FI and I are both AZ natives and we can't wait to have our wedding here! We celebrated our 2 year dating anniversary on Saturday and he proposed after dinner at a very nice restaurant. We're tentatively looking at May 2012 for the wedding.

My question is about the East Valley Bridal show that's coming up this weekend. I was wondering if anyone has ever been to this show and if it's worth attending. Also, I was wondering if it's very helpful or somewhat necessary to attend a bridal show while planning a wedding. I know it's early in our engagement, but the other shows in the Phoenix area aren't until November and January and I feel like I'll have to have a lot of things planned by then for a May 2012 wedding. Any thoughts on this bridal show or bridal shows in general would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Introduction and Question

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the one in January is huge and by far the best one.  I haven't found the smaller ones to be as helpful, just because there aren't a lot of vendors at them.  They're fun to go to anyway though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to the Chandler/Gilbert Bridal Show. It was fun but I had already chosen all my vendors so there wasn't much for me there.

It might be too fresh, especially if you don't have a date, theme, color scheme, approximate guest count, etc.

Bridal shows are good for finding vendors and getting ideas.

Married my better half on 11/6/2011.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a couple pointers that I found extremely helpful at bridal shows... Set up a new "wedding only" email address and free Google voicemail account. Both will be super helpful if you want to avoid spam and annoying telemarketers (which will happen whenever you register for any bridal show). Then, make sure that you have sticky labels with your new email and Google voicemail number ready for all the "contests" that the vendors will convince you to enter. That'll save you loads of time especially if you have a hard time remembering your Google voicemail number like I did. (Then, you can cancel both accounts once your vendors are set.) Also, remember most of the more affordable vendors can't afford to have a table at the bridal shows, so don't be overwhelmed by some of the ridiculous quotes you'll get. The Knot message boards will be way more helpful. Otherwise, have fun and see what's out there. I found the shop I ended up buying my gown from at a bridal show, so I definitely was glad to go. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually didn't find any of my vendors at the bridal show, but I did end up with all the annoying telemarketers afterwards, so I agree with the voicemail suggestion. And having a wedding only email is a good idea. I did that as well.

I did find my dress at the show though - it was a great find, and it was half off the original price! I got to take it home that day, and now I just need to get some minor alterations to it. I was sooo happy!!  So if that's they only thing that comes out of going, it is well worth it. Otherwise I just felt like a sheep in a herd of people :)
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the January June bridal show is by far the best. The smaller ones are not very helpful.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards