Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Dress/Alterations question

Happy Holidays!
I have a question about bridal shops and alterations.
I found my dress (it's a bridesmaid dress, hee hee!) and am wondering what shop does great alterations...the shops that carry my dress are: Uptown Bridal and Boutique, Bridal and Tuxedo Superstore, I do, I do, An Affair to Remember, Once in a Lifetime Bridal, and Sunnys Bride to Be.
Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about any of these shops?
Thanks so much ladies!!!
**My Bio** Wedding Countdown Ticker FINAL COUNT 128 image

Re: Dress/Alterations question

• Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure Once in a Lifetyme does alterations but I don't know for sure and have no clue about the others.

I would suggest calling and asking them if they do alterations in house. Also, there was a post awhile back by drcrittenden with vendor reviews and she posted about her seamstress. I contacted her based on that and she has great prices ($10 per bustle point) and she was super quick to respond to me. My dress isn't in yet, so I haven't had my own experience with her, but here is what drcrittenden had to say about her:

Her name is Michelle Pantera. She owns her own business out of her home off of Cave Creek & Deer Valley. My dress was a size smaller than I needed, I bought it on sale, and I had to get a small panel put in the back of it to let my chest fit :) She sewed in the panel, and pressed my dress, for 75 dollars total. She does amazing work. She has made custom wedding dresses for people, and other dance costumes for 35 years. 

Here is her website: 

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Janet Kirkman is another alterations lady that people on this board seem to really like.  I have not used her, but I have only seen great things about her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my gown from Sunny's Bride to Be.  I will be starting alterations soon.  From the rate I was given, which was not a firm rate, just a quick one when we bought the gown, she seems very affordable.  At least to me.  And the onwer of the shop is the one who does the alterations.  I met a couople of brides while there and no seemed to have any issues.  She will also be doing my bridesmaids gowns, so I can give you an update in a month or so on how she is doing if you might want to use her.  Just let me know
  • Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I needed the alterations for my dress, everyone on this board recommended Janet Kirkman and ofcourse I went to her. She's awesome and easy to work with. She does an amazing job. Her number is 602-330-4745.

Good luck!

• Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My MOH used Janet Kirkman.  Very resonable.  I used The Wedding Accessory Superstore.  Their prices were very similar to Janet Kirkman's and not as far.  Janet's in Scottsdale.  The Wedding Accessory Superstore is at Cave Creek and the 101.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    geduftygedufty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your helpful advice! I will look into Janet Kirkman, and Fisktobe, I would love to hear about your alterations experience at Sunnys. Thanks again ladies!
    **My Bio** Wedding Countdown Ticker FINAL COUNT 128 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards