Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Has anyone gotten married at My Vintage Venue?

I think there's a post about using them as decorators, so sorry if I'm covering the same ground...

We're going to look at them next week, becasue photos are lovely but some of the places we've seen had lovely photos but didn't pan out in real life.

They look gorgeous, and seem reasonable for DIYers...if you've been there, what was your experience?

Re: Has anyone gotten married at My Vintage Venue?

• Options
    I am using them for my wedding in October 2012. All the venue comes with is a few back drops, vintage lighting, bridal room, and chandeliers for the rental price.Their property has beautiful scenery. However they have their own tables, chairs, linens, tents, heaters, and a large room for extra  costs. I am having over 200 people at my wedding and for 10 hours and chairs,tables, linens, and the large room, its a total of about 1800.00 which is extrememly cheap compared to other venues. However I set my date before they raised their prices, so it might be a little more expensive. They are wonderful people to work with as well, pretty flexiable and always in contact with you. 
    The decorations in the pictures they show are from Rustic Lace Decor and another decorator, they are both amazing. 

I am doing my whole wedding DIY so it works better for me that the property is very open and has many possibilities. 

I hope this helped a little. if you have any other question feel free to ask :)

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you"
  • Options
    Thanks!

I went to see them today and Melody was sooooooo nice! We're going to go back later this week to see it in the evening, and if all is ok as it was today, give them a deposit.

Congratulations on yours! Are you doing it all yourself (food, decorations, music) or using some vendors?
  • Options
    Melody is such a sweet heart, she really tries hard to make sure that each couple is taken well care of. I put my deposit down on Dec 31st and while I was there they were setting up a wedding. It was so amazing to see how involved she really is and how picture perfect she aims for it to be. (It was like 5 hours before the bride arrived, so do not worry about her doing tours while you are getting ready) I also got to meet one of her daughter Emily, she is also very sweet. Eva is the contact and email respondent and she replies so quickly in my opinion, and she doesnt skip around questions, which I like. I hope you find as much positive things with them as I have.

I am doing pretty much everything DIY from Food, Beverages, and Decor. We have already put down a deposit for a Photobooth and are working on finding a Photographer and DJ/Entertainment. A lot of my family are helping with the projects, but at this time we are paying for everything. We are sticking to our budget as much as possible.

I hope we can get to know eachother a lot more, even if this isnt the venue for you. BTW I have probably research every venue in the Metropolitian Area. Smile I am so working with another bride, that is a close friend and we are doing research like crazy. SO if you have any questions or need some help, feel free to contact me.

• Options
    Wow! Thanks for the info!

We are just getting started, and budget wise I would love to do it ourselves, just the idea of worrying about food the day of seems so overwhelming...please let me know if you find someone you like as photographer/DJ...I hear Ray the DJ is great and has a variety of budgets, but haven't contacted him yet because we want to lock down the venue first.

You sound like you are so on this! All the research I'm doing just makes me want to elope...the Venue is the only place I've found that might work in a budget that wont break us, now need to figure out if the hubby to be likes it and how bad catering costs will be.
  • Options
    I completely understand, about the whole budget thing. The reason that I decided to do all of it ourselves is because it will save us thousands of dollars. Yes, it might be a little overwhelming at times but I take a breathe and remember why I am doing it. The photographer and DJ are things I am still researching on. I will definatly keep in contact with you. Every brides opinion can help in my opinion.
  • Options
    This venue has ruined my wedding. I do not trust them they keep making changes and when they do,  THEY WONT ASK YOU FIRST.   In first viewing the venue it was beautiful and the grass was lush. we immediately fell in love with a barn wood back drop that was over 20ft long.   after the first week of signing the contract things started getting bad   They cut up the original big beautiful backdrop and made it into an awkward backdrop not even half the size of the original. (btw they did not tell us or ask us, I found out about it through pictures on their website)   Instead of making us happy, they told us we had to use the new back drop or this terrible tiny replica of the original.   we went to almost every open house because we were starting not to trust them. The property had gotten worse and worse.    the grass was very dry patchy and the venue was dirty. the trees looked dead and to top it all off. they said they would no longer move the small back drop under the only nice tree they had, where we had wanted our ceremony from the beginning.   a month to our wedding they expected us to trust that the venue would look better.   I do not trust them they are unprofessional and called us at 10pm to talk to us about our refund and kept making excuses instead of really do anything to make it better. if your looking for something professional and stable I would not choose MYVINTAGEVENUE   Macintosh HD:Users:Emmy:Desktop:Slide1.jpg 
  • Options
    Please see these pictures and comments from our most recent wedding taken 3-10-12, the same day this review was written: https://www.facebook.c...

We feel we have tried everything we could to meet this Bride's expectations and in addressing her concerns. As explained to client when it happened, the backdrop that was installed back in September 2011 was soon after found to be leaning and unstable due to being too heavy and was taken down for safety concerns. We had an architect immediately look into the project to see about making it more stable. He stated that rebuilding with deeper anchors would have the same problems and so designed a new backdrop that is beautiful, safe, and stable.(see photo here: https://www.facebook.c...) All of our other Bride's love it and have found it to be an improvement. If she had wanted us to move the new backdrop, we would have done so but client stated that she didn't like it and didn't want to use it. (We actually moved it for a wedding tonight at the Bride's request) We still had hopes to bring the original backdrop to add more options to our venue but decided to wait until summer when we could focus on the project and find a professional to do it right. 2 weeks ago, when client brought up again how much that original backdrop meant to her, we immediately sought for a carpenter who could have it built properly before her event in 6 weeks, even if just temporary for the night.

As for the landscaping, we have no dead trees. It is winter and trees lose leaves in the winter. We are not making excuses, that is a fact of nature. They are already budding and starting to leaf out. Same with the grass. We are just barely coming out of winter. We are a backyard-style venue, not a resort. We don't spend thousands of dollars each month for a perfect golf course lawn. Which is why our Bride's save thousands of dollars to rent our venue. Yes, we agree that the grass has not grown in as quickly this year as it does every year, leaving a few patches and have been working with professionals to speed up its growth but growing grass takes time!

When this client first said they were thinking of cancelling we stated that we respected that but are addressing their concerns and would send picture updates of the improvements if they would give us a chance. They did not give us adequate time to address these issues since first mentioning them (less than 2 weeks) before deciding to cancel. It takes longer than that to build a large barn wood backdrop from scratch and grow new spring grass. We didn't hesitate to offer a full refund minus the non-refundable deposit as clearly stated in our contract. We called at 8:15pm (not 10pm as stated) immediately after we received an email late at night that they were canceling because we assumed they would want an immediate response.
    This client is the only Bride that has ever been unhappy with our services and that has cancelled.
  • Options
    Marlene Jolley is in no way associated with our venue. She is a separate vendor. She had decorated some weddings at our venue in the distant past but because of complaints, similar to the one here by sbriolo, we cannot recommend couples hire her for her services. 
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards