Arizona-Phoenix

Hotel Block for Guests

Hi Ladies,

I need some ideas and advice... I am getting married in dowtown Mesa at Regency Garden. I had originally set up a hotel block for guests at the Mesa Marriot off of Alma School. They had been great at first even offering to drive guests in a shuttle to and from the venue on the wedding day/night.

Back in June I signed the contract and they said they had apparently not received it. However, they failed to contact me about that until 2 months ago. I was smart and had a copy, forwarded that and the new contract back to them. Today I get a call saying that my block is STILL pending! They have apparently not received the 2 prior contracts that I have signed. I was so frustrated. We are about 4 months from the wedding and I have had the information on my website since the STD's went out. I did not put the website on the invitations which have already been ordered. I'm nervous about changing the block because I don't want the guests to be confused and with more than 150 people invited, and 1/2 out of town, I do not want to contact all of those people.

Long story short, the customer service was horrid and I really don't want to deal with them 'losing' my information again. Thoughts? Ideas? Other hotels in the area that are close enough to that venue?

What would you do?

Thanks!

Re: Hotel Block for Guests

• edited December 2011
    I used hotelplanner.com based on another recommendation from a kottie bride.  I found them so easy to work with.  They put the contact out to their hotels and then I accessed the hotel planner website to accept or decline the hotel offers.  You could even negotiate with the hotels.  I was a little skeptical at first but I figured I had nothing to lose because it was free!  I am getting married in 10 days and this week my contact from hotel planner emailed me and asked if I had any VIP Guests coming into town that I wanted her to try to get free upgrades for! 

I would say give them a shot!  So easy and stress free!  You tell them the cities and zips and really they do the rest!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think first thing I would do is talk to someone higher up in the corp. chain of command.  If you've spoken to the hotel manager, talk to them one more time, if they don't resolve it, ask for their bosses contact information.

If they want you to send them another contract or copies of the ones that you have, say that you will meet with them and bring it right to the manager, let them know that you want to stay there while they put your information into the system and find out exactly how long it will take for the next step.  There's no reason they shouldn't be able to tell you.

If they won't work it out with you in a VERY short amount of time, let them know that you won't be recommending any of your guests to stay there, and will be taking your business somewhere else.  If that doesn't motivate them, than you're better off trying to find someone that will work with you, as much of a pain as it will be to change all of your info for your guests.  

You have enough time though, if you do have to change the hotel, once you find somewhere, look into maybe getting postcards printed (free if you can find the right deal/time to get them) from Vistaprint or that type of site, with just the updated information.  It would be pretty cheap to mail them out and that way you know that everyone got the new information.

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I just emailed the individual hotels I was interested in and set up a courtesy block. We did 3!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks ladies!
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used hotelplanner.com as well and used two hotels:  The Mesa Marriott in downtown Mesa that is just a couple of blocks away and the Hyatt Place by the Dobson Riverview.  Didn't have any issues at all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards