Arizona-Phoenix

Photographer? Videographer?

Hi guys,

We have everything booked except our photographer and videographer.

For our pictures, we just want 2 photographers for the whole thing (8 hours), that will edit the images and give them to us on a CD. We don't want prints or anything fancy.

For the video, we just want the main ceremony and the important parts of the reception (first dance, speeches, garter, etc.).

We've looked everywhere and people want such a varied amount of $. We are on a TIGHT budget but don't want to settle in quality. Does anyone know of any awesome vendors that are flexible in both packages and prices?

Thanks so much!

Re: Photographer? Videographer?

• edited December 2011
    I booked with Mike Maez...  he's an amazing photographer who has been really easy to work with, and he doesn't charge hourly, ALL of his packages for weddings are for all day, with 2 photographers.   We also got 25% off of everything from him because of our wedding being on a Thursday.

He has video add-ons that are really reasonable, and his videos are gorgeous!   We weren't going to have a video part at all (due to budget) until we saw his and how reasonable they were.

He has pre-set packages, but if you want something different, he's more than happy to sub things in or out to customize it, and adjust the prices accordingly.  We swapped a few things on our package, and it wasn't an issue at all.  

He's crazy busy the last couple weeks, but he has still answered emails from me in less than 3 days, every time I ask something or try to get ahold of him.

I was really really picky about photographer, since I'm a pretty serious hobby photographer, and I've been more than thrilled with every aspect of working with him so far.

http://www.mikemaez.com/index2.php?v=v1

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Suzanne Melissa Photography. She did our engagement photos and they turned out great. She is super nice too!!

I also really like Jennifer Weems Photography.
  • edited December 2011
    When I was looking the following people were very budget friendly:

- www.picchickonline.com/
    - www.photosby<strong" rel="nofollow">www.photosby>>kacy.com/priceweddings.cfm

I am not using a videographer, but best of luck!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY reccommend Still Life Studios! Matt Wheeler is the owner and most amazing photographer!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Serendipity Videography and they were amazing!!!  Not sure what all their packages are, but they worked with me to get my package to be what I wanted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We picked Danielle Daigle for photography.  She is awesome.  Good luck in your search.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For photography we have booked Sierra Blanco Photography. They aren't cheap, but I think for the quality of their photos they are very reasonably priced. They are very photojournalistic and have a great use of light. All of their package pricing is listed on their website.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Kym Ventola, Ventola Photography. I know I'm getting 2 photographers, and I'm in the same boat that I don't need lots of fancy prints. Just want a DVD with my photos, and that's what is in her packages. =)

I don't really know how budget friendly this suggestion is because I didn't do much shopping or comparing with others. Once I saw her work and met Kym and her staff, i immediately loved them. They just so happened to be like... the first photographer I even met?!

Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Radiant Photography. They're a husband/wife team and oh, so talented.

www.radiantphotographyaz.com

One of my bridesmaids is also a wedding photography and she's amazing. She's just starting out so her prices are a tad lower than a seasoned photog, but that doesn't mean she skimps on talent or quality.

www.dianaelizabethphotography.com

Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome guys! Thank you SO much for all od the input! It's a lot ot weight off my shoulders. I will look into all of them! Thanks again!
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally second Mike Maez! We just got back our engagement proofs and they are STUNNING! He was very well priced for what we wanted, and his work speaks for itself.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Andrew Jade Photography and they are awesome!  It's a husband and wife team who are just precious.  They don't do videography, but their photography is just incredible!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tarynmichelletarynmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Andrew Jade Photography! Their prices are extremely reasonable and they are both so nice! I would definitely check out their blog!
  • edited December 2011
    We've hired Nelson's Weddings.  They're amazing!  We really enjoyed working with John at our engagement session.  If that's out of your price range, check out Moments in Film.  They do great work, too, and always send two photographers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards