Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Wedding Planners

Are any of you hiring a full on wedding planner? I'm considering it b/c I have so many ideas for the wedding but I'm worried about being able to make it all a cohesive look. However, I'm worried about the cost. I'm particularly looking at Events by Showstoppers in Sedona b/c their pics look amazing. Does anyone know what kind of prices are reasonable to keep in mind?

Re: Wedding Planners

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to.  I figure I'd rather work my butt off at research and save $1,000ish which could go towards my wedding!  But, if you have a busy lifestyle and the extra money, I'd say go for it.  The average cost for wedding planners is around $1,500.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having so much fun planning everything - it is a lot of work, but it's giving me time with my mom and my MOH and my BM's. We are having a lot of laughs over things that we see that no one should EVER have in their wedding, and a lot of memories are being made. If I hired someone to do that for me, I wouldn't get to look back at all this and remember what we went through to make the day happen.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired one! I'm a control freak so I need someone else to take over on the day of! It made sense for me. yes, they are VERY pricy, almost a quarter of my original budget which has now doubled. but I love her help and her guidance and she has actually saved me a LOT of money on vendors! I used Some Like It Classic! Check it out! Amina rocks :]
  • Options
    npavonenpavone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is my first post ever, but I have been lurking around The Knot for months. YES! YES! YES! you should hire a wedding planner. I was hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into planning when I realized I should have just hired a planner to help. Do it! I wish I would have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired Regina from meant2be events, and it was the BEST decision I ever made - LOVE HER!
  • Options
    blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired a planner and she is truly amazing. Her name is Sandy Walker in Awe Weddings and Events. We are having two weddings, an Indian Wedding and an American wedding and she is planning both. I could never have done it without her..
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards