Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Venue help please!

It looks as if Desert Botanical Gardens will put us over our budget...
So I am in need of a ceremony/reception venue!  We have $5,000 budgeted for venue, food, and rentals.  We have 120 guests...
My fiance is being a bit picky....These are his stipulations..
NO golf courses or country clubs
Ceremony must be outdoors
Would like a desert landscape
Venues located only in Central Phoenix and Scottsdale only.

The only places I can think of are the Japanese Friendship Garden or Clayton on the Park (not deserty, but outside).
Maybe renting out a big vacation house in Scottsdale?

Any ideas would be extremely helpful!  Our wedding is one year away, so I know I have lots of time...but just stressing. Thanks!Laughing

Re: Venue help please!

• Options
    edited December 2011

A lot of people have their weddings at public parks, and that is generally pretty cheap, and outside- and some of them are really pretty. You can always have the ceremony and reception at different places. That may make it easier to satisfy your FI and still stay within your budget. We also almost had ours at the Tempe Center for the Arts because it was pretty, and you don't have to do much to decorate it. Looking for a place that wont take much decoration can help with the budget too. I don't have the prices anymore, but you can always look into Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts and Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art. Our wishes were similar to your FI's and we found that a lot of places that had pretty outdoor ceremonies and a reception area that can hold 100+ people all at one venue was generally over our budget. I hope this helps. =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help!!

Is anyone getting married at Bella Giardino?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have actually head alot of people renting vacation houses for the wedding. You not only can get it for the wedding but rent a big enough one and there are extra rooms for visiting family members if you rent it out for maybe the week or extra couple nights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at this place and it it so great. It is all outdoors and super private. It used to be some guys house but he retired and decided to turn it into a wedding venue. it is in 15 acres of land and it has a 4000sf brick patio, cut into the mountains and lined with trees.  all the trees have twinkle light in them. it is so beautiful at night and during the day. its vintage and unique. it is very affordable and you bring in your own vendors so it keeps the cost way down. if you are interested here is my email golfin2good4u@yahoo.com.
    good luck in your search
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ward - Where is the house you're using for your venue? Do you have a name or the link to it? Thank you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards