Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Phoenix bridal shop recommendation

I'm going to be in Phoenix this weekend and hope to get in some dress shopping while I am there. I can hardly wait!!!

Any recomendations for reasonalbly priced ($500 to $1000). I'm coming from a small town with very little selection.

Thanks a bunch ladies!!!

Re: Phoenix bridal shop recommendation

• Options
    jadel74jadel74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Do I Do has a ton of dresses in varying price ranges. Azteca does too, but the service is horrible (it is like shopping for a dress at KMart); however, they have great prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally had a good experience at Azteca, but I know other people have had only so-so or bad experiences.  I did not really like I do I do because they seem totally uninterested in helping customers and I have heard really horrible reviews about their customer service after you order a gown from there.  I think a lot of ladies on this board recommend Suzanne's and I believe Sukie's (sp?) is also one I have heard good things about.  Like I said, I had a good experience at Azteca and got an AMAZING price on my dress.  It helped a lot that I went on a Thursday evening right before they closed because I hear it is very chaotic on the weekends.  Have fun!
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can't recommend Pam at Almond Tree Consignment enough.  Some of her dresses are used, but most are retired samples purchased from bridal boutiques.  She is wonderfully, amazingly sweet and helpful, and puts absolutely no pressure on you to buy the first dress you try on.  In fact, she told me not to buy the day of my appointment, and to check out a few other stores she recommended so I have a better idea of what's out there!  She also gave me a ton of tips about dresses and alterations so I'd have a better idea of what to look for and ask about at other shops.  I loved her and really, really wished I had found my dress in her store. 

I ended up buying my dress at Suzanne's in Gilbert.  My consultant was helpful but not pushy.  I didn't have quite the one-on-one, boutique type of treatment I did at Almond Tree, but I it was still a good experience.  I also got a 10% discount for paying in full, so be sure to ask for that if you find a dress there and don't need to make payments.

Even if you're iffy on consignment, I recommend starting with Pam @Almond Tree.  She's a wealth of information and so, so helpful.  (That said, there are two Pam's there.  I'm not sure which one I worked with, but I'm sure my MOH saved her card somewhere.)

• Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll second the recommendations for Almond Tree (so wish I had found my dress there).  They were really great and have a huge selection.

Ended up getting my dress at Suzanne's
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uptown Bridal Boutique (link HERE) and Arziona Bridal Warehouse (link HERE) I did a review of both on my blog but to keep it short, Uptown has excellent customer service while Bridal warehouse has a HUGE selection. THey both have pretty dresses under $1000
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses at Suzanne's and got my bridesmaids' dresses through there. They are awesome. I got my dress at Azteca, though, and I had a really good experience. I had a less awesome experience with a friend who bought her dress there, too.  I have to disagree about the comparison to K-Mart. It really isn't that bad. The consultant I worked with was really nice. They have a great selection of dresses in your price range, which is the same as mine. If I can remember the consultant's name, I will post it. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My main recommendation is wherever you decide to go, make sure you have an appointment!  This will ensure you get the best service.

Almond Tree- I bought my dress from here.  By far a great experience.  I second what others have said with regards to service.  They are open only by appointment, but very flexible.  My dress was new, and many of them in their inventory are new.  They bought mine from a store going out of Biz.  Also, their dresses are 50 percent off retail prices!

Azteca- Good Prices.  I did not have good service.  I even went on a week day and had an appointment.  If you are going on a weekend, an appointment is a must!

Davids Bridal - Not sure if you have stopped there yet, but they do have dresses in every price range.  So, if you have not tried David's yet, you may want to stop by.  Plus, there are several in the valley, so they may be easy to get to from where you are staying.

I am not sure if you are driving.  But if you are, you may pass through Tucson on your way form New Mexico.  If you do, then I would swing by the Alfred Angelo store in Tucson!

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from Suzanne's, lots of stuff under $1000 and good customer service.  I went to Azteca as well and it was better than some of the reviews I jad read, but not great. Suzanne's was better customer service and they ended up matching Azteca's price for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    orangespidersorangespiders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a bunch ladies!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Here are the places I've visited so far:

IrisD Bridal - very few dresses, most of the prices are around $2000-$3000 and when I told the associate my budget of $1500, suddenly not really interested.

David's Bridal - Horrible service! I walked in one day without an appointment and they were very rude. They ame, "Well, were you plan on trying on dresses today?" I replied yes if I find some I like. Then they said "It will be about 30-45 minutes before you even get a dressing room, do you still want to wait?" Just the tone was very uninviting. However, I'd say 85% of their store is within the price range you're looking for.

Azteca - My mother and I had a great experience. They give you a tour of how their stock is organized [by price, one size only/discontinued, and ball gowns] then let you be free. I pointed to a dress on a mannequin and said it was beautiful and without hesitation one of the associates said she will take it off and set it aside for me. They were offering 20% any dress that day if you put a deposit, but I heard they will always drop prices to beat competition if you ask! Also, I found the most dresses here of all boutique that I liked. Around 7-8 and other places like only 2.

Suzanne's Bridal - Didnt find anything I really liked, except my dream dress from Justin Alexander... I have been googling over it online for aaaaaages. But it was a different color and length, but the same basic dress. The service was pretty lousy. The associate asked me several times how I was finding everything, so I told her exactly what I was looking for. Did she provide any help? NO! Didn't help with finding dresses a bit! What's the point of asking and then walking away?

Anyway, I asked Azteca about my 'dream' dress and they said they didn't have it, but she will ask the owner to buy a sample gown and call me when it comes in. Now THAT'S service!

Hope that helps! Oh, and defintely make an appointment for all places :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    scorpchic77scorpchic77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have recomendations for dresses around $300?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards