Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Welcome gift bags for out of town guests - let's brainstorm! :-)

We are having several people in from out of town for our wedding, and I'd love to provide thoughtful (yet inexpensive) little gift bags in their hotel rooms.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

sunscreen
bottled water
snack (maybe a big cookie)
small bottle of wine & glasses

Does anybody else have any other ideas?  I know I'm not the only bride expecting out of town guests.  We can help each other!  :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Welcome gift bags for out of town guests - let's brainstorm! :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I forgot to include maps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good idea - I've started thinking of doing this too.

Instead of wine, I was thinking of doing a bottle of a 4 peaks beer maybe (all rooms in our hotel will have a fridge)..or maybe if they have small sizes of premixed margaritas...

How about some chapstick...information on local activities and restaurants...phone number to contact wedding party (or some contact) in case of problems
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People seem to like the novelty candies a lot.  You could get some jalepeno jelly, prickly pear jam, or cactus candy.

This place has some neat things

http://www.cactuscandy.com/oscommerce/

An apple or an orange in each bag would be great. Sometimes you need a little fresh fruit, and those travel well.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a girl who did include a map, but drew it herself with little markers of where they had met, their favorite places, etc.
    check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Great suggestions, ladies!  I had considered possibly including one of those suckers with the real scorpion inside, but I'm on the fence about that one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, how about AZ postcards (stamped, of course) so they can send them to friends back home and tell them how much fun they're having?  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    paintmepaintme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was going to bake cookies for our bags but ran out of time. We ended up getting paradise bakery cookies and everyone loved them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    arusso51arusso51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

what about a scratch off lottery ticket, with a message that says.."we're lucky to be spending our special day with you."

ar121110
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards