Arizona-Phoenix

Wedding Dress Shopping

I am coming home for a weekend and will have time for only three appointments this trip. I plan on going to Uptown Bridal in Chandler, but what other places should I try? I would like to keep budget under 2K. Thanks so much!

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

AZ Bridal warehouse... Davids bridal in Ahwatukee,ask for Janeth!! She is awesome!

• edited December 2011
    I second Arizona Bridal. Also there's a new place called Brilliant Bridal on Dobson and Baseline. I plan on going there if I don't find anything at Arizona Bridal. They sell dresses of the rack and they are either overstock or discontinued designs so you can get a new designer dress for a fraction of its original cost.
  • edited December 2011
    You will find one at Uptown Bridal. Most amazing wedding dress store.
  • mjobermjober member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!
  • katesharonkatesharon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Almond Tree Boutique in North Phoenix.  The experience was AWESOME.  The ladies there really know what they are doing and make your appointment feel so personal.

It's all off the rack or consignment, and there is no time limit to your appointment.  I probably tried on 25 dresses (all in my size, too, so I didn't feel like a cow trying on a size 2 sample), and we saved the "maybes" to try on again at the end.  I walked out of there with THE DRESS in my hands.  My budget was $1000 and I paid $500 for a $3,000 Christina Wu dress.  HIGHLY recommend them!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a fantastic experience at Strut in central Phoenix. I think their dresses are all under $2500.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Marie'e in Scottsdale (bought a dress at a sample sale). One of the owners of the salon (it's owned by a British couple) was assisting me with my fitting and were super low pressure and patient. One of the sashes I tried on with my dress, for example, was several hundred dollars, but she suggested that I try Etsy instead to find something cheaper. I highly reccommend them! Good luck and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I loved uptown the most, but ended up going with a dress at Arizona bridal warehouse where they are also great. I thought brilliant bridal was a waste of my time. Cheap dresses that looked cheap. Maybe you could get lucky, but with a 2k budget, I wouldn't bother. I hear better things about almond tree.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from Lillian Lottie in Old Town Scottsdale. Every other store I called, the dress was $790, from them it was only $709! They had tons of gowns and have great reviews on weddingwire.com!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011

Lillian Lottie is definitely awesome, too as PP attests. They even serve you champagne! My bridesmaids and I went there 2 weeks ago for them to try on dresses and had a great experience. Low pressure, great selection! Good luck again!

• Christa GChrista G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For under $2k, I'd also recommend Uptown and Lillian Lottie, like the PP's mentioned. Both had great service and dresses. I also loved Destiny's Bride, but they're a bit pricier.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Lillian Lottie That is where I bought my dress. and if you get Meghan as your consultant that's a big bounus IMO. Also Suzanne's Bridal Boutique in Gilbert.

Avoid Brilliant Bridal like the plague!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second the brilliant bridal thing.... the older sales lady there gave me attitude... I went in alone to try on dresses, she disappeared in the store somewhere.  I waited for awhile for her to return and after calling for her help several times I actually had to go looking for her to help lace up the dress.  She then had the nerve to give me attitude about the dress dragging on the floor!  Lady, had you tended to your customer properly she wouldn't have had to go wandering around looking for you.  I never went back.  AVOID! 

I went to the Wedding Emporium - small place but super helpful and friendly!
  • edited December 2011
    Mariee in Scottsdale carries the Watters Too brand starting at $650.  The salon is small so they are able to give you personal attention, but don't pressure you in the least.  Highly recommended!
  • lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I loved Uptown. I would recommend Suzanne's Bridal in Gilbert. It is in an almost deserted strip mall, but I found that they had a pretty good selection at great prices. My budget was $1,500 and there were alot of dresses within that price range. Check out their website for trunk show info. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards