Arizona-Phoenix

Bachelorette Party Ideas

Hi!

I live in the Phoenix area but am getting married in Wisconsin.  Bridesmaids and I decided to do bachelorette partie here.  I am aware that I am not supposed to plan my own party, however, we are debating different things to do.  It will be a weekend thing for whoever can make it, and Friday night just a relaxed evening, wine and dinner at my house.  Saturday we will do some things during the day but we are looking for what to do on Saturday night.  I am a little old for bar hopping (its just not fun to me anymore) and not a huge fan of Tempe during the school year, so Mill Ave is out.  I am not a big dance/night club fan, so although I would be okay with Scottsdale, I dont really know where and dont really want anyone to spend an arm and a leg.  We are looking for something that is fun, that everyone can enjoy, that has bartenders/wait staff so we are out (not in), yet kind of chill...Any ideas?  I have heard there is a dueling piano bar in Scottsdale, Howl at the Moon?  Anyone been there?
I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas

• edited December 2011

Well I just looked up Howl at the Moon and it appears its closed.  So scratch that.
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
  • edited December 2011

I think there is a dueling piano bar on the west side...I've seen ads for it in th New Times  Also, of course, there is the one on Mill. :)

• edited December 2011

Yeah, that was just a thought so we wouldnt have to go bar hopping, but I live east, and I am trying to avoid Mill :-)  (Theres a home football game the same weekend...)
  • lgoldberrylgoldberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Howl at the moon is closed.  The Grapevine in Scottsdale is a good place that is really chill.  There are tons of bars near it so you could walk to something else (or do dinner before and walk to the grapevine).  Drift is another place that tends to be relatively calm.  If you are looking for something that is kinda funny, hit up the Rusty Spur first.  They have live country music every night, and it gets crazy by 10 pm.  But if you were going out earlier it is definitely an interesting place to go with friends.    

First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Gilligan's is another idea in Scottsdale too.  It is louder, but you can almost always get a table and just hang out.  If you are looking for a dinner place, check out the Daily Dos.  They have a really good happy hour, and great sangria if you like it!  It is reasonably priced, near everything and a good place to chill. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking ideas outside of bar hopping, here are some. Shooting pool, bowling, ice skating, roller skating, going to a baseball/spring training/basketball (whatever is the season) game, laser tag, mini golf, picnic lunch, Chuck E Cheese, lol. Anyway, just some ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    the westside dueling piano bar is the Shout! House. it's at Westgate which is right near the coyotes arena and cardinals stadium. there are also other restaurants in the area and there is also a wine & chocolate bar somewhere i think closer to the movie theater at Westgate.

another place in Scottsdale is Martini Ranch. they usually have a band playing of some sort on Saturday nights and i think it is more chill than Gilligans which is right down the street from it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried looking at the Valley Ho in Scottsdale? I haven't been there, but was going to check that out for ideas for my bach.
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually doing an appetizer crawl for my BP in downtown Scottsdale. (stetson/5th avenue area) I have done it before and its really alot of fun.  All the places are within walking distance and you go from place to place tasting an appetizer, having a drink, enjoying the atmosphere etc. etc.  And if you are sharing the appetizer it really isn't that expensive.  Places I would recommend:

Cowboy Ciao
    Kazimierz World Wine Bar
    La Petite Maison
    Metro Brasserie and Bar

And there are a ton more to choose from.  Hope that helps!

Kazimierz World Wine Bar
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to Shout House for a BP and it was a blast!  The crowd and everybody gets really into, and there is a lot of space.  It's a great alternative to the one on Mill.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Martini ranch is anything but chill.  I was there for a bach party last weekend, and the place was crazy.  You couldn't hear anything anyone said.  I love Cowboy Caio though!  Also, you could go to some of the resorts in the area and have cocktails and munchies.  The Biltmore, Royal Palms, Valley Ho, etc.  It would be more expensive, but it would be really fun!  P.S.  Royal Palms has the BEST espressotini..definitely recommend getting it if you go there! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards