Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Day of coordinator

So what are reasonable expectations of a "day of" coordinator? Im doing a lot of our planning myself so dont need someone for the whole process, but wondering if its worth paying for a DoC....any advice/suggestions/insight/recommendations?

Re: Day of coordinator

• Options
    Doesn't your venue provide one?
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    No, we are going with a community center. They have someone who places tables and chairs, but they dont do decor or chair covers/tables clothes ect.
  • Options
    My venue doesn't have a coordinator either. I'm mostly using my DoC to help me with decor because though my venue will put out tables and chairs, i need someone to put out linens (i will buy myself), hang like 30 paper lanterns from the ceiling, distribute all the flowers to appropriate persons (ie boutonnieres, corsages to parents), put out my centerpieces and place cards, throw our gifts/cards in our hotel room...etc. Our venue said they can take down my own decorations only if i'm throwing them away, but i'm mostly reselling my stuff. I had a bunch of people volunteer but I really don't want them to worry about stuff like that at 11pm.

I found my DoC from craigslist for $500. Turns out she's starting her own coordinating services in Scottsdale called (Sip and Twirl Events) <--click on link. Laurie has been doing corporate events and weddings for years, but only part-time. Now she has more time to devote to her business. She'll only have 1 bride per week. I hired her for DoC but she has been a big help already and my wedding is still 7 months out! She's super nice and approachable too! Good luck with your planning!

Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    My venue didn't have one either. Here's a link to the place I'm using

http://www.mysweetevent.com/SimplySweetPackage-SweetSoireeEvents.pdf

Their day-of was only $500, which I thought was great b/c the one my venue recommended was $1800 just for day-of. I'm working with Nikki and she has been awesome so far.
  • Options
    I expect my DOC to handle all vendors, questions, problems, etc on the day of the wedding as well as keep us on schedule. I want to be insulated from any problems or stress that arises on the day of the wedding and I don't want my bridal party to have to deal with it either. $950 well spent, in my opinion!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards