Arizona-Phoenix
Options

invitations....that inner envelope...is it necessary?

I'm on the invitation stage...I can't beleive I'm sending them out in the next month or so!!! AWWWW!

I've opted out on the pocketfold and decided to do a stack invitation with a ribbon wrap.  I've seen many websites mention an inner envelope and I'm like is it really necessary?  I've recieved invitations before never understanding the waste of an envelope and really just tossed it. 

How bad would it be if I didn't do it???  I can't make up my mind.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: invitations....that inner envelope...is it necessary?

• Options
    arusso51arusso51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've decided not to do the inner envelope..whether it be to save a little money, or save some paper..I think it's fine!!!!!
    ar121110
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did not use one, seemed silly to me.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!  You are getting so close!  We used inner envelopes for two reasons.  First, our invitations weren't very sturdy, so it made the packaging more durable.  Second, we had a lot of guests that had dates invited.  The purpose of the inner envelope is to address who exactly is invited.  For example, you would use inner envelope to say Ms. College Friend and Guest.  I would assume that you can write this on the outer envelope, but it might look a little funny.

I say skip it, if it saves you money.  Most people didn't even keep our invitation let alone the envelopes.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using pocketfolds and there is not an inner envelope in my DIY kit. Nilla's point about making sure you invite exactly who is invited is true and that is usually the point of the inner envelope. I'm just going to write Ms. College Friend and Guest on the outer envelope. I admit it isn't the greatest looking envelope in the world, but it's an envelope! I personally don't see a big problem with it so, if you don't either, I would skip it. :)
  • Options
    applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies-
    It's refreshing to hear that its okay!  It makes me feel better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards