Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Not sure when to start contacting vendors

I just got engaged last week and I am trying to work with a budget (it would be sweet to get it under $5000).  I'm in Arizona (Tempe/Chandler area), and we are using a friend's backyard for the wedding/reception.  Since it will be such a small wedding (probably 35 or less), would caterers work with such a small amount?  (Not sure if they have a certain limit of people.)

The wedding is for October 27th next year, so I'm not sure when to start looking for a dress, book appointments/get quotes from vendors,etc.  Any help would be appreciated!!

At least one thing I know for certain, I'm going to use Piece of Cake for my wedding cake!  XD  Thanks all!  Em

Re: Not sure when to start contacting vendors

• Options
    You can start looking as soon as you want to! I waited about two months before I started looking at vendors for my wedding - we got engaged in February of this year and the wedding is next March.

But it's completely up to you. Vendors are always happy to book services, and if you do it with enough time in advance, they may give you discounts. It all depends.

Caterers don't usually have a limit on people - but if you go with the more well known ones, they might not do something that small because it would end up costing them money. I have a friend who is in the catering business, that's who I'm using to do my wedding. Check out Special Moments - talk to Brad. He's awesome, and they just won Best of The Knot for the 3rd year in a row.

GL and happy planning :)
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    Hi. I'm getting married in October also! In Sedona, though. If you're working with a tight budget, I hear, the earlier the better because you can shop around between vendors to try to get the prices that you want. So far I've only got my venue (which comes with catering, tables, linens, etc) but now i'm working on getting my dress and photographer. Good luck!
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    You guys are awesome!  Thank you so much!  And congrats to you both.  Em
  • Options

I got married in December and started my major work in July.  I have a wedding arch and 10 center pieces with built in lighing, so let me know if purple is one of your colors. amwright64@hotmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards