Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Need Photographer for $999 or under

I am looking at most photography sites the average lowest price is $1400-1800 a little steep for me. I was wondering if any of you knew a good photographer for $1000 or under for 6-8 hours for my March 30th Wedding. Any suggestions appreciated thanks!

Re: Need Photographer for $999 or under

• Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    This may be difficult especially in March which is high wedding season here. Would you be willing to settle for say 5 hours of coverage?
      I have a friend who is a trained photographer(though she isn't working in that field) who has done weddings in the past and who might be willing to work with this budget. Can you PM me with some details about what it is you want?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouId say minimum at least 6 hours for $1000 or under. Im sure that some photographers are willing to negotiate. Many people have tigh budget and in this economy I think they can make something work.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_need-photographer-for-999-or-under?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:85a3b4ef-dad4-49a5-8549-d9c8fa0be120Post:56cb755a-eb61-40a0-86d1-362453fdd488">Re: Need Photographer for $999 or under</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may be difficult especially in March which is high wedding season here. Would you be willing to settle for say 5 hours of coverage?   I have a friend who is a trained photographer(though she isn't working in that field) who has done weddings in the past and who might be willing to work with this budget. Can you PM me with some details about what it is you want?    
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I agree with zizibet that it will be very difficult to find a photographer in Arizona for a Saturday wedding in March for under $1000 with only four and a half months until your wedding.

I was going to recommend the photographer I am using since we were able to book him and a second photographer for $1000 for eight hours. The $1000 also included an engagement session, full rights to all our photos, one DVD of the engagement photos, two DVDs of the wedding photos, a montage of photos set to music, and some prints. But I am also getting married on March 30th, so he would be unavailable for your wedding. We booked him back in January after the Bridal Fashion Debut at the Phoenix Convention Center since he was running a bridal show special.

Another photographer we were considering was AZ Photos by George and Pat Walsh. They were very willing to work with our needs and our budget, plus they were very helpful and friendly. You could check and see if they might still be available.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure if they're available, but both Shuff Photo and Visions by Smiddy have packages under $999.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas. We found a photographer that is willing to work with our $1000 budget. We found this person through a friend and they have a large portfolio of weddings and we like the style.
  • Options
    o01109Brianna, what photographer are you using?? I'm looking for one and sounds like you got a great deal!  Don't worry my wedding is not the same as yours :)
  • Options
    selinajoy1selinajoy1 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I am a photographer in the Phoenix area and I will work with brides on a budget to put together a reasonable photography package depending on the size and length of the event. If there is anyone else looking for an affordable photographer, you can find my work at www.facebook.com/photographybyselina as a preview for now. I am rebuilding my website at the moment but I can provide more samples of my work at a consultation. Please don't hestitate to email questions to info@photographybyselina.com!

Thanks!
    Selina
    Photography By Selina info@photographybyselina.com www.facebook.com/photographybyselina *Website Coming Soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards