• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Arizona-Phoenix

Arizona/Phoenix themed welcome bags

Hey guys! We want to start buying things slowly to include in out OOT guests welcome bags. We have a LOT of guests who are traveling here, like all of my fiance's family, and many of them don't travel often. I've thought of the regular stuff to put in there, but I want to include some really special Arizona/Phoenix stuff to make it seem a little more local. I've looked through a lot the shops in the more touristy areas in Old Town Scottsdale and stuff, but nothing has really stuck out... So what kinds of things do you guys reccomend?

I think the obvious stuff if like the prickly pear candy and stuff like that, but I feel like its kinda cheesy. Many of our OOT guests will be older and might enjoy it, but we really love the urban aspects of Phoenix, so those were more of the kinds of things we're looking for, but what really sets Phoenix apart from other cities, you know? It is sad because I have lived here for so long, but what are we really famous for regionally?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Arizona/Phoenix themed welcome bags

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_arizonaphoenix-themed-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:85d1425b-cbc6-4b3b-86fa-1351cdad9cc8Post:a07d81e8-8e6c-4348-b343-0e7ed39c245f">Arizona/Phoenix themed welcome bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys! We want to start buying things slowly to include in out OOT guests welcome bags. We have a LOT of guests who are traveling here, like all of my fiance's family, and many of them don't travel often. I've thought of the regular stuff to put in there, but I want to include some really special Arizona/Phoenix stuff to make it seem a little more local. I've looked through a lot the shops in the more touristy areas in Old Town Scottsdale and stuff, but nothing has really stuck out... So what kinds of things do you guys reccomend? I think the obvious stuff if like the prickly pear candy and stuff like that, but I feel like its kinda cheesy. Many of our OOT guests will be older and might enjoy it, but we really love the urban aspects of Phoenix, so those were more of the kinds of things we're looking for, but what really sets Phoenix apart from other cities, you know? It is sad because I have lived here for so long, but what are we really famous for regionally?
    Posted by Barbiiieee[/QUOTE]
    What about some cool stuff made with copper? Small Soleri bells aren't super expensive and are really cool. You might see if High Spirits Distellery in Flagstaff has small bottles of their AZ made gin that's flavored with desert plants. Also, maybe bookmarks or something from Taliesin West, and maybe either Julia Baker Chocolates, which have become world-famous, or Fairytale Brownies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went with a Southwest theme. We bought mini glass bottles with cork stoppers and put tequila in them. We bought interesting flavored chips (I can't remember what kind) and grapefruit soda and those spoons with candy on the end. It was all stuff that our OOT guests probably wouldn't have tried if we hadn't included it in their bags and everyone seemed to love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards