Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Scottsdale Plaza Resort?

Has anybody checked out the Scottsdale Plaza Resort for their reception?  My dad works there and told me it would be a great idea to book them for our wedding because he gets a discount (something like 50% I think).  I'm just a little worried because my FI and I are paying for our wedding completely on our own and from my understanding SPR is very pricey.  I'm concerned that it won't fit into our budget even with my dad's discount.  I don't want to contact them yet until I can get some sort of a ball park because once they know who my dad is I feel they might just assume I'm booking them or something awkward like that.  Thanks guys!

Re: Scottsdale Plaza Resort?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there a few years ago and it was amazing!  I have no idea how much it is though, but I would say if you get a 50% discount it is worth exploring and getting pricing from the catering sales manager there.  You could make another e-mail account that does not have your name in it and ask for pricing, that way they would not know it was you and they would not assume anything.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good idea!  50% is pretty substantial, but that's only some of your costs discounted.  Can your dad or the wedding coordinator call in any favors to other vendors to get more discounts?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya I was thinking about emailing them from an email that doesn't have my name.  I never thought about asking my dad if he can somehow get us more discounts, my dad and I aren't really very close.  I just thought I would check here first since you ladies know a lot more than I do about this whole wedding planning business.  Thanks guys!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just email and ask for pricing. The person answering your email most likely wont even know who you are, and even if thye do, who cares, you are just asking to see their pricing.

DH and I paid for our wedding ourselves  to, so I feel ya. Do you ahve a solid budget set yet? thats the most important.

I know my friend is looking to have a nice weding but trying to keep costs down and she just booked at McCormick Ranch....so maybe check their pricing as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards