Arizona-Phoenix

I'm married! Vendor reviews :)

Yay!  I got married last Saturday!  The wedding was absolutely perfect:)  I wanted to get my vendor reviews out before I forgot, so here we go!

Venue: The Farm at South Mountain
A
Pros: Beautiful location (even with no leaves on the trees), Nikki was VERY helpful and attentive, support staff was amazing.  It was perfect night and I owe it all to the amazing location.  We got some incredible pics too!
Cons:  2.5 hours to set up EVERYTHING.  Amazingly my awesome family (and husband's family) were able to get it done.

Caterer: Santa Barbara Catering
A
Pros:  Everyone RAVED about the food.  Especially the chipotle mashed potatoes.  They were nice enough to give us all of the extra food at the end of the night.  Definite plus.
Cons:  This is the venue required caterer.  BUT everything was delicious, so I'm perfectly happy I didn't have to shop around for a caterer

Cake: Honeymoon Sweets
A
Pros:  The cake was amazing looking and tasted great.  Actually came out better than I expected.
Cons:  This was also the venue required bakery.  Again, no complaints about it though, it came out great!

Musicians: Various
A+
I used local musicians that my sister knew (she's a local musician as well).  We had a soul singer (who was amazing!) for the ceremony and a jazz trio for the cocktail hour.  Hit me up on PM if you are looking for suggestions for extremely talented musicians and something out of the ordinary.

Hair: Nici Bryan of Hair Peace
A+
Wow.  My hair was amazing. Nici is super fun and did exactly what I wanted.  My hair lasted through the reception and I never had to touch it up.

Makeup: Stephanie Nault
A+
My makeup looked even better than it did at the trial.  I couldn't believe how awesome she made me look without making me look like I was wearing too much makeup.  Can't say enough good things about her.

Spray Tan:  Michelle Lee
A
Even tan, no streaks, no spots.  Lasted 4-5 days.  She will come to you or you can go to her place.  Easy and fast.

Photo Booth: MrFunBooth.com
A++++
Best decision I made for the wedding.  It's an open air photo booth with great lighting, so all of the pictures are high quality.  Troy was easy to work with and actually stayed past the allotted time frame so that we could get even more pics.  Everyone is still talking about the photo booth days later.  It was a great way to get everyone out of their seats.  You can also go onto his site after the wedding to see all of the photos, download any of them, and order prints too!

I did the flowers myself and ordered everything through costco.com and wholeblossoms.com.  All of my flowers arrived on time and stayed fresh for about 5 days.  Some of the flowers are still standing strong almost a week later.

I think that's it!  My wedding was a positive experience all around and considering I planned everything from across the country and made a lot of decisions blindly, I couldn't have asked for more!

PM me if you have any questions about specific vendors.

Wedding pics to come!

Jaci

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm married! Vendor reviews :)

• azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you're way ahead of me. I've been married six weeks and still haven't posted reviews on TK. I got most of mine up on weddingwire, but I was waiting on some photography stuff before I did them here. Hopefully later this week... ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Great review! Can't wait to see pics :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_im-married-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:991fcc40-4b5f-4794-afd0-d24b54129bc7Post:6bd38de1-c441-46ad-ad72-0f14dcf93556">Re: I'm married! Vendor reviews :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, you're way ahead of me. I've been married six weeks and still haven't posted reviews on TK. I got most of mine up on weddingwire, but I was waiting on some photography stuff before I did them here. Hopefully later this week... ;)
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I want to see some of your photography stuff too!   LOL!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Can't wait to see pictures!  Glad eveything went well.
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • edited December 2011
    Here are a few non-professional pics I was able to scoop up for ya:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  You looked amazing!!

It looks like it was a beautiful day all around!  =)

Congrats!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is fabulous! Where did you get it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I live in NYC and I got the dress at Wedding Atelier, but the designer is Tara Keely which you can get from lots of bridal shops.  The dress was originally long and had a different sash, but I had it altered etc.  I loved how it came out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  You looked stunning!
    79 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards