Arizona-Phoenix

Bridal Shower

I was just told my bridal shower in NY has been booked by my MOH! I'm putting together a guest list. Typically, who is invited to a bridal shower? Also, if the shower is in June, when should we put together a registry?  I feel a bit clueless with this stuff!

Re: Bridal Shower

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is etiquette correct, but we invited all of the in town female guests that were invited to the wedding.  We also invited all of our female family members who were invited to the wedding regardless of where they lived.

I would recommend that you start putting your registry together pretty soon.  We registered at three places, and it took us (me) a few months to get them completed.  I had trouble making sure there were plenty of items for guests to buy, and that they were at different price ranges.  We spent at least two to three days in each store with that little gun.  Also note when you register that some items are only available in certain stores or online.  I tried putting together our target registry online, but once I printed it out in store to see if I could hunt any of it down, only ten items were available in store.

I'm not sure if you have an idea of where you want to register, but I picked Williams Sonoma, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Target.  Surprisingly BB&B has been my favorite thus far.  They have millions of things to register for, and each store is generally the same.  They also have the best return policy.  I felt like WS didn't have very much to put on registry, since they are a smaller store.  However, I love the stuff that I do have on there.  I might have registered at Crate and Barrel instead, just to have a larger registry.  I hate my Target registry.  :)

Are you going to have two showers, one in NY and one in AZ?
    Photobucket
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower is at the end of Feb & I started registering in Oct. For me, registering could have been an overwhelming process if I didn't give myself enough time to figure out what I wanted/needed. Through the months, I'd update & remove items & now I think I have everything that I need, some of what I want & not a bunch of stuff I'll never use. You can invite anyone you'd like to a shower, but I think family, the bridal party & close friends are a must. I've seen a lot of feelings get hurt over not getting invited to a shower so these 3 groups were the most important to me. GL!  Where are  you registering?
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second registering at BBB! I really love them & they even have a fine china section. I registered at Macy's because I thought BBB didn't have fine china, but they do. If it weren't for a master bedroom set that I want at Macy's, I would cancel my registry there altogether. I also registered at Crate & Barrell, but BBB is still my favorite because they have everything!

• edited December 2011
    My shower is next weekend, I am sooooooo excited!  I invited all of the women that are attending the wedding that live in town.  As for out-of-towners I invited my mom, step-mom, my out of town bridesmaid (obviously) and a friend of mine who is due right around my wedding, she is upset she can not travel to the wedding and actually said she wanted to come to the shower since she could not come to the wedding.

As for registering, I did that kind of early, probably back in August or so, when I sent out the Save the Dates with our website on them.  I just keep an eye on it and make sure everything is still available, plus I have added to it as we get closer to the wedding.  I have had people buy things off of it prior to any particular gift giving event, so I think some people just like to prepare and get their shopping done early.  I registered at Bed Bath & Beyond and Macys.
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow this is great! II appreciate the recommendations on the registry too. That was my next question. 'm actually having 2 showers. One of my bridesmaids lives in AZ and won't be able to make it to NY, so she wants to throw one here so my local friends can take part.  :) 

I'm not really sure where we will register. I'm definitely a fan of BB&B and Macy's.

Are there things that you can't put on a registry?
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much everything is fair game these days.  Make sure to have a couple big things on there, because often times family members like to pitch in and get the big ticket items.  There are even websites where people can gift you things for your honeymoon.  I think these are really neat, because you might have all of the blenders and pans you need.

Did you have something in particular you wanted to register for that you are questioning?
    Photobucket
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, nothing in particular. I've just heard that things like electronic (tv's,cameras) are off limits. I wasn't sure if there was anything else. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards