Arizona-Phoenix

Vendor reviews - June 16, 2012 wedding

Venue:  McCormick Ranch Golf Club, Scottsdale - A+
I couldn't be happier with the way our wedding turned out at McCormick Ranch.  The location is BEAUTIFUL, the staff was so amazing and attentive, the food was yummy and it's an AMAZING deal!  Marcia (the wedding coordinator) was great to work with and even made some last minute changes with ease as a pesky dust storm rolled in minutes before our ceremony was about to start.  She managed the crowd, the bridal party and my nerves like a pro!  

Hair/Makeup:  KLM Artistry - A+
  Hair and makeup were both done by Kim at KLM (she had Jessie helping on the day of as well).  They were amazing.  I loved the way my hair and makeup turned out as well as the hair and make up of my bridesmaids, mother of the bride and groom and even the flower girl.  They listened to what we all wanted and worked to make sure it turned out that way.  Kim met with me a few times before the wedding for trials to make sure it was perfect!  Also, they come to you!  We were able to get our hair and make up done in a villa where we were staying so we could just lounge around and be comfy.  Prices are affordable.  They both did an amazing job and I highly recommend their services.

Photography:  Carrie Fay Photography - A++++
Carrie is awesome!  We found her on the knot as we shopped around for photographers and as soon as we met with her, we knew she was the one for us!  My husband and I had a pretty specific vision of how we wanted our pictures to look and as we looked through her portfolios, she had it! Nothing too staged, we wanted candid shots we kinda just gave her the go ahead to do whatever.   She was soooo easy to work with on the wedding day, stayed pretty out of the way of the guests (not blocking views or anything during the ceremony - my mother-in-laws primary concern) and was just plain awesome!  Her personality made us feel totally comfortable all day and night long!  She's sent me a few preview shots and they look amazing so I am so pumped to see all of them! 

DJ: SKM  - A
We had heard great things about SKM and they didn't disappoint!  Our MCs were John and Nathan.  They played (mostly) everything we asked for (although my husband swears there were 2 songs on the must play list that weren't played).  They did drop the ball of two kind of important songs that we wanted that they didn't have.  Through the process, they assured me that if they couldn't get them, they would let me know (I had the songs) and they never told me they didn't have them.  Also, we requested a certain last song which didn't happen even though they had two opprtunities to play a last song (one of our guests paid to extend the DJ and party for an extra 30 minutes).  Also, when our ceremony ended, after the kiss the bride stuff, they missed their cue to start the music so husband and I had an awkward moment of just standing there.  Oh well, overall, they were pretty good and we had an amazing party!

Flowers: Rita's Floral Designs - A+
Flowers looked amazing!  Rita did a great job getting exactly what I wanted on a budget.  She worked with us several times to make sure that we stayed in the price range we wanted but still had everything we needed/hoped for!  AWESOME!

Cake:  Frosted Art Inc - A+
The cake not only looked amazing but tasted fantastic!  

Groom's cake:  Christa's Cakes 4 Kids - A++++
Christa is a friend of a friend whose cakes I had seen posted on facebook here and there and they were always amazingly sculpted so when I found a special sculpted cake for my husband, I contacted her.  She was awesome!  The cake turned out exactly as we pictured it and tasted incredible!  It might have been the best cake I've ever had!  

Rehearsal dinner: Old Town Tortilla Factory - A+
Food was great, staff was amazing!  They dealt with our rowdy crowd!  This was a great location for a laid back rehearsal dinner and perfect for all of the out of town guests visiting Scottsdale for the first time!  

Alterations:  Alterations Etc - A
Worked with Sandra after reading amazing reviews on here.  She did great work but did cut it pretty close.  My pick up was the day before the wedding (which was ok with me cause my sister was just getting into town and I wanted/needed her to be there to see how to get me into the dress, bustle it, etc) But when we arrived, it was missing two bustle points so she told me to come back in 30 min (I had a pretty packed day but tried to remain calm).  I came back in 45 and she still wasn't ready.  I had to leave to make an appt so my bridesmaids waited for my dress (which took an extra 30 minutes) but everything turned out fine.  She apparently noticed me noticing that the top was still a bit loose and decided to take in the sides a bit which is why it took longer.  Sandra's great, prices are good and she throws in freebies if you book early, and I was very happy with the result!

Re: Vendor reviews - June 16, 2012 wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards