Arizona-Phoenix

Wedding Vendors Reviews..

Hi Girls!! 
First off, congratulations on your engagement!! I just got married on Friday the 18th, and I wanted to come back on the boards and talk a little bit about my vendors and my experience with them, because I found that SO helpful when I was planning!!

DJ: Just weddings, Robert Walk is the owner. He is an AMAZING DJ. He was so helpful and laid out a schedule of everything I was to do that night, and would ensure that my photographer/parents/me approved of and were ready for the next segment. He played great music, and people danced all night. I highly recommend him!! 

Photographer: Opal Moments Photography, Opal Gaines. Opal is an amazing photographer. She was so helpful with all the shots, and was completely open to whatever shots I wanted to take. She took amazing pictures for our engagements. Her prices are very reasonable as well. 

Hair: The Edge on Wellness Salon, Erica Picard. Erica was great. I took a very complicated picture and went in for my trial, and she was able to completely recreate the exact look I wanted. Not only was she easy going and fun, I seriously could not have asked for better hair that day!! It was 85 to have it done, in the salon at 92nd street and shea. Since the salon she works for didn't have a makeup artist, she let me bring my own that I found.

Makeup: Erica Konz. Erica worked at MAC for 5 years, and now owns her own business doing it. She came to the trial at my house, and was completely fine with me critiquing her work afterwards. My makeup was amazing on the day of, and she was so fun to be around. Email me at drcritt@asu.edu for her contact information!

Venue: SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, Fountain Hills AZ. Sunridge is a lesser known golf club in Fountain Hills that is absolutely beautiful. As the sunsets, it shines over the Four Peaks Mountains and cactus surrounding the place. It was very inexpensive, and I had a TON of freedom to do what I wanted for my special day. They let me set up the pavilion where we got married the day before, and really catered the wedding to what I wanted. Plus, on the day of, we were running behind and I showed the banquet host how to set up the placecards and table settings, and she did it all, for me. no problem. It was the best venue I have ever been to for a wedding, because the ceremony was outdoors in the grass, but the reception was inside a covered pavilion, so we got the best of both worlds. They also had a large private bathroom for the girls to get ready in, with a full couch and mirrors, and a locking door so we could keep our stuff in there. I cannot speak highly enough of this venue. 

Bamboo Bakery: I had a bad experience with this bakery. I know that this is a popular one, but they were late with my cake, and it was FROZEN in the middle. And it was the wrong color. I had to pay 50 dollars to meet with the cake designer, and the whole time they were trying to sell me a honeymoon while i was there. Ick! The piece of cake that my husband and I had was amazing, but some of them were apparently crunchy and frozen! 

Blossom Floral: I did not have a great experience with this vendor. She was so unorganized and frustrating. She was over an hour late for our meeting and never bothered to call (a pet peeve of mine). My flowers were brown on my wedding day. Overall, she was my biggest headache.

My wedding day was so absolutely perfect. Even the parts that weren't totally perfect, I didn't care. The only thing that mattered was that Rudi and I got married. :) 

We had a rehearsal party in Fountain Park with pizza, wings, soda, and beer. Everyone was mingling and having fun, and it was so beautiful. I could not have asked for better weather!!

If any of you have questions/ want more info, feel free to contact me at drcritt@asu.edu . I would love to help anyone with questions!!

Re: Wedding Vendors Reviews..

• drcrittendendrcrittenden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls!! 
    First off, congratulations on your engagement!! I just got married on Friday the 18th, and I wanted to come back on the boards and talk a little bit about my vendors and my experience with them, because I found that SO helpful when I was planning!!

DJ: Just weddings, Robert Walk is the owner. He is an AMAZING DJ. He was so helpful and laid out a schedule of everything I was to do that night, and would ensure that my photographer/parents/me approved of and were ready for the next segment. He played great music, and people danced all night. I highly recommend him!! 

Photographer: Opal Moments Photography, Opal Gaines. Opal is an amazing photographer. She was so helpful with all the shots, and was completely open to whatever shots I wanted to take. She took amazing pictures for our engagements. Her prices are very reasonable as well. 

Hair: The Edge on Wellness Salon, Erica Picard. Erica was great. I took a very complicated picture and went in for my trial, and she was able to completely recreate the exact look I wanted. Not only was she easy going and fun, I seriously could not have asked for better hair that day!! It was 85 to have it done, in the salon at 92nd street and shea. Since the salon she works for didn't have a makeup artist, she let me bring my own that I found.

Makeup: Erica Konz. Erica worked at MAC for 5 years, and now owns her own business doing it. She came to the trial at my house, and was completely fine with me critiquing her work afterwards. My makeup was amazing on the day of, and she was so fun to be around. Email me at drcritt@asu.edu for her contact information!

Venue: SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, Fountain Hills AZ. Sunridge is a lesser known golf club in Fountain Hills that is absolutely beautiful. As the sunsets, it shines over the Four Peaks Mountains and cactus surrounding the place. It was very inexpensive, and I had a TON of freedom to do what I wanted for my special day. They let me set up the pavilion where we got married the day before, and really catered the wedding to what I wanted. Plus, on the day of, we were running behind and I showed the banquet host how to set up the placecards and table settings, and she did it all, for me. no problem. It was the best venue I have ever been to for a wedding, because the ceremony was outdoors in the grass, but the reception was inside a covered pavilion, so we got the best of both worlds. They also had a large private bathroom for the girls to get ready in, with a full couch and mirrors, and a locking door so we could keep our stuff in there. I cannot speak highly enough of this venue. 

Bamboo Bakery: I had a bad experience with this bakery. I know that this is a popular one, but they were late with my cake, and it was FROZEN in the middle. And it was the wrong color. I had to pay 50 dollars to meet with the cake designer, and the whole time they were trying to sell me a honeymoon while i was there. Ick! The piece of cake that my husband and I had was amazing, but some of them were apparently crunchy and frozen! 

Blossom Floral: I did not have a great experience with this vendor. She was so unorganized and frustrating. She was over an hour late for our meeting and never bothered to call (a pet peeve of mine). My flowers were brown on my wedding day. Overall, she was my biggest headache.

My wedding day was so absolutely perfect. Even the parts that weren't totally perfect, I didn't care. The only thing that mattered was that Rudi and I got married. :) 

We had a rehearsal party in Fountain Park with pizza, wings, soda, and beer. Everyone was mingling and having fun, and it was so beautiful. I could not have asked for better weather!!

If any of you have questions/ want more info, feel free to contact me at drcritt@asu.edu . I would love to help anyone with questions!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot one vendor... my seamstress. Her name is Michelle Pantera. She owns her own business out of her home off of Cave Creek & Deer Valley. My dress was a size smaller than I needed, I bought it on sale, and I had to get a small panel put in the back of it to let my chest fit :) She sewed in the panel, and pressed my dress, for 75 dollars total. She does amazing work. She has made custom wedding dresses for people, and other dance costumes for 35 years. 

Here is her website: 

• mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! They really are great for planning. Sorry to hear that not everything was perfect, but I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your day. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you like Robert Walk! We saw him at a friend's wedding and booked him for ours :)
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I just emailed your seamstress!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to help out! Robert was an amazing DJ. He was a little more than we wanted for our budget, but it seriously made the party. We both thought that the DJ was one of the most important parts. 

Good luck to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards