Arizona-Phoenix

NWR: Sedona hotels?

Hi, I'm a DFW Knottie planning a trip to Sedona with my sister for the last weekend of April.  We want a hotel with a spa and a room with a great view.  We had our heart set on the Sedona Rouge but it's booked for that weekend.  Any suggestions would be so helpful.  TIA.

Re: NWR: Sedona hotels?

• edited December 2011
    So fun to see you here, Stephie!
    -The Enchantment Resort is incredibly beautiful and has great views :-)
    -L'Auberge de Sedona
    -Hyatt Pinon Point

I also have to mention this one- because we stayed there the night we got engaged. El Portal is an incredible little boutique hotel. There's no spa, but it's within walking distance to Tlaquepaque. It isn't a resort, so it probably won't work for you, but I just had to do a little plug! (Make sure you go to Tlaquepaque, too. It's very cool and interesting.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ooh thanks!  L'Auberge is out of our budget but Enchantment is something to think about.  I love El Portal--I've seen them mentioned on TA.  We aren't opposed to driving to a spa because we'd actually rather stay at a little boutique than a chain.  Their website is very helpful too.  I will definitely check them out!

• edited December 2011
    Also check out the Orchards Inn

http://www.orchardsinn.com/
    edited December 2011

Yes!  I liked the Orchards Inn too, thanks.  Good to know I'm at least heading in the right direction.  There are just so many, it's overwhelming.

• edited December 2011

There are a ton of gorgeous hotels there. Let us know what you end up choosing :-)

• edited December 2011
    There are some less expensive places if you look in Oak Creek, but then you would have to drive to get to the main town area. It just depends what's more important to you. check out all the hotels' locations on a map before you book!
    edited December 2011
    Ok, my sister loved The Orchards Inn so I think we are leaning that way.  This means we will have to drive to a spa.  Any suggestions?  It is very close to L'Auberge and another one called Amara.  My sister wanted something that is "native to the culture of Sedona"--I guess meaning she doesn't want to go to somewhere like the Hilton.  Thanks for everyone's help!
  • edited December 2011
    I have not been to any of the spas there, unfortunately, but I am sure both L'Auberge and Amara would be amazing, and they are just steps away from the Orchards.
    edited December 2011
    Well, my sister fell in love with Enchantment when I showed it to her so that is what we are going with I think--about $300 more than Orchards but we think it will be worth it.  I looked at L'Auberge again and it was actually doable--but they only have king beds there in the room we could afford so that was the deal breaker. 

The reviews say Enchantment is "outside of Sedona" by liike 30 minutes--is this a concern do you think? 

Sis wants to do the helicoper tour at the GC but I think I'm too chicken!  Thanks for all of the advice ladies!
  • edited December 2011

I don't think it will be that big of a deal to be 30 minutes outside of Sedona. You will have so much to do at Enchantment that you won't even care to leave. But I do suggest going to "downtown" Sedona and Tlaquepaque. You can do that in an afternoon.
    AND I don't remember Enchantment being THAT far out from the center of town.

Are you renting a car?

I think I'm too chicken for that, too- but it would be incredible!

edited December 2011
    Oh yes definitely renting a car and driving from Phoenix.  I've read that the drive is a pretty one.  And yeah, that was my thought too--why leave the resort much if it has great views?  I am excited!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds great! The drive is scenic and beautiful :-) Let us know how your trip goes!!!
  • edited December 2011

Since you like the Orchards (unless you have your heart set on Enchantment) it is owned by the company who owns L'Auberge and it just a short walk down to the Spa a L'Auberge.  They have the "native" treatments your sister is talking about.  I was just there last Saturday.  L'Auberge and Amara use to share a spa it is again separate.  If it were me I would spend less on the hotel and more on spa treatments,  site seeing and shopping!  However, enchantment is beautiful.  Either way you can't go wrong.  Have fun too bad you aren't their the weekend before because you would be there during my wedding!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
    DH 45 ME 44

TTC #3 since 7/11 using OPK's and trying to figure out Fertility Friend! LOL
    DS #1 born on 7/20/87 DS#2 born on 1/19/96
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards