Arizona-Phoenix

Using the same venue as a coworker/sort-of friend?

I just recently got engaged, and due to needing to move out of state next July, we are looking at dates next May. We found a venue that we love and that is in our price range, but it just so happens that 2 coworkers and friends of mine are getting married there the first weekend in May. We aren't super close friends, we weren't invited to their wedding and they won't be invited to ours (we're both keeping things small), but is this still weird? I believe only a small handful of guests would be invited to both events, let alone attend both.

Fiance is of the position that it is both of our wedding days and we should enjoy it as we see fit. Coincidentally, this involves the same venue. But not the same people or anything else. I am still a little iffy, mostly becasue I feel like we are somehow encroaching on their day. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Using the same venue as a coworker/sort-of friend?

• edited December 2011
    If you're not that close I really wouldn't worry about it.  If you had a very close relationship and had alll the same people basically coming, I don't think it would be bad persay, but just not as unique seeing as how close the dates are.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it. With your different colors, setup and decorations, the venue won't feel the same for whatever guests do end up attending both. The day really isn't about the venue, it's about you and your FI, so I say use the same place and enjoy it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Especially since you were not invited to their wedding and they will not be invited to yours, I'd say it's a non-issue.  The venue itself is one of the least 'personal' parts of a wedding, so once you add in all of your personal choices, it will be a very different wedding.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards