Arizona-Phoenix
Options

DJs

Anyone up for sharing how much their DJ cost was or have recommendations?

We are looking for ceremony and reception coverage!

Thanks!
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    $1200 for ceremony and reception, upgraded speakers, mid grade light package on the floor. He did a friend's wedding and we had a blast dancing. Pretty sure we could have gotten his price down at least a little though if we had been a little better at waiting / negotiating.

Just Weddings DJ (Robert Walk)

• Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with someone from Ray the DJ.  I'm not exactly sure what our price quote includes (we're still in the prelim stages of booking), but it was just under $800.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jabecknerjabeckner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Chad from All American DJ he is a little more expensive then the average DJ about $1800, but he came with a lot of great ideas to keep the reception unique and entertaining. Some ideas I have never heard of that were awesome. He says he spends about 40 hours on each wedding just doing pre-wedding work.

For me entertainment is one of the most important parts of the wedding, I want people to stay the whole time because they are having a great time, not leaving early because they are board.

Good Luck :)
    Jolie on the Run Wedding Countdown Ticker
    132 Invited image
    38 Can't wait to party image
    0 Don't like fun image
    94 ? image
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the info.  So far have met with one of the "bigger" company DJ's and a small personal DJ.  Was trying to decide if we want to meet with others or not.

Anyone have any recommendations for dealing with the "negotiating" with vendors.  Always seems that they do the we will give you this much off if  you book by this time etc. 

Guess I'm always assuming if I come back a week after the date they tell me, I can still get the "special" rate.

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with Chris Mitchell, a private guy.  We spent about $500 for ceremony and a 6 hour reception.  He includes basic lights for the dance floor and MCs.  He is open to anything you would like him to do and will follow a detailed timeline and instructions if you give them to him.  I wasnt so good at negotiating, sorry, I can't help there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Its Your Party Entertainment and liked them.  They were about 1500.  They didnt really negotiate. 

In the end I went with Teffanie with Face the Music.  She came highly recommended by other Kotties on the board in the Fall.  She was $1200 for the Ceremony and reception. 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lcarp - Thanks for the info.  Tiffanie was already booked - but it seems she is highly rated on this board. 

I think I'm going to try to meet with at least one other DJ, that way I have more of a basis of comparison :)

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think meeting with one more is a good idea.  We actually met with 5-6 and only liked the 2 I mentioned above.  The reception was a big concern to us so the right DJ was important to us.  I say keep looking until you are completely comfortable with your decision!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards