Ohio-Northeast
Options

Ceremony musician(s)

We only need someone for maybe an hour and most musicians are priced at 350 to start. I've mulled over Craigslist, but it's all DJ's. Can anyone help me out with my mission impossible? I'm open to a guitarist, string section, something eccentric. The wedding is in Medina.

Re: Ceremony musician(s)

• Options
    natg504natg504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a group called Nortcoast Brass.  I believe they had a trumpet, french horn, and timpani drum.  It was something a little different, and we got a lot of compliments on it.  If you're interested, I can give you their contact information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Steve Cipriano of Cipriano Productions and I think his fee is roughly $200 for the ceremony.  Here is his website: http://www.ciprianoproductions.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    annajb82annajb82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always try your local University, which is what I am doing.    They often have students for hire, with unbelivable rates.  We hired one for our christmas party and they were unbelievable.  Just because they are students, they still have 12+ years of musical experience!

The number for the music school at the university of akron is:

• Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don’t have any additional knowledge on this but I got this as a reference a year or two ago – violinist/acoustic guitar player:Nate Tulenson natetuly@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an orchestra director at a local high school, and I have my advanced students play in a quartet with me for gigs (i play the violin, majored in music ed at BW, '08). We have done weddings before, and they play together at community events all the time. I can offer you a very affordable rate for the ceremony music.

Just email me at vszymans@gmail.com, let me know when your wedding is, ceremony music needs,  and if you are interested in a price quote.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards