Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Make Up Trial - PIP

Hey Ladies - I had my makeup trial yesterday.  I am using Makeup By Jen B.  Jen was amazing!  She is super friendly, took her time and wanted to get the right look for me.  While I normally do not use the colors she used, she explained why they work with my skin tone and eye color.  After looking at my before and after pictures, I can see what she is saying.  If you are looking for an airbrush makeup artist, I would highly recommend her!  The makeup was great and wore well all day!  I didn't go to remove it for 12 hours and it was still there at the end of the day!

Here are some pictures:

Before - taken by FI.  I do not have makeup on, but normally wear it.

After:

Outside:

11/6/2010
Planning Bio

Re: Make Up Trial - PIP

• Options
    belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! You look really nice! Who did you go to?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! I am using Jen, too. I love her!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you made a great choice in going with her!  You look amazing!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:cc5dc9ec-3eca-4872-8b66-bc5f2c8e0657Post:39375091-5726-4851-a7fd-7cbf92224eec">Re: Make Up Trial - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wow! You look really nice! Who did you go to?
    Posted by mrsnana[/QUOTE]

Makeup By Jen B is who I am using.  From the trial, I have nothing but great things to say about her!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your kind words!  I guess this is the look!  Now to get the hair trial over with!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Not that you aren't gorgeous without makeup, but you look stunning with the trail.  Your eyes really stand out.  If you don't mind me asking, about how much is the makeup running you?  I'd really like to see if it's something I can fit in my budget and she definitely seems like a great make-up person. 

Also let me know how your wedding turns out at Starfire, my fiance and I just toured it Saturday and we both love it (and the price), it's our first choice so far.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are so pretty!  You are going to make a gorgeous bride!

Oh, and thanks for the comment on our e-pics!  Seeing it totally made my day!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:cc5dc9ec-3eca-4872-8b66-bc5f2c8e0657Post:9e61dd68-6441-4e2a-8822-3f5170ea4565">Re: Make Up Trial - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not that you aren't gorgeous without makeup, but you look stunning with the trail.  Your eyes really stand out.  If you don't mind me asking, about how much is the makeup running you?  I'd really like to see if it's something I can fit in my budget and she definitely seems like a great make-up person.  Also let me know how your wedding turns out at Starfire, my fiance and I just toured it Saturday and we both love it (and the price), it's our first choice so far.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Jemmini-
    Thanks!  The before pictures are a little mis leading!  I feel like I should put a disclaimer up! LOL!  But FI kept having issues with the camera, so after the millionth one, I was over it! LOL!  And, I had nothing at all on my face in terms of make up.  Only that fresh, just woke up look ;)

Jen is charging me $150 for the day of make up.  The trial is $75.  She request half of the payment to hold your day.  Then, she is charging me $75 for each bridal party member that she does on the day of.  I am just having one BM, so I am also paying for the MOB and MOG to get theirs done as well.

As for Starfire, I love it so far.  I am getting married in 19 days, so I will let you know after the wedding, but I don't think my feelings will change!  It had the right feel for our smaller, intimate wedding.  And, the price was right!  Be sure to let us know where you finally end up!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:cc5dc9ec-3eca-4872-8b66-bc5f2c8e0657Post:50ec9cf2-57cf-4163-876a-c21164a86a66">Re: Make Up Trial - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are so pretty!  You are going to make a gorgeous bride! Oh, and thanks for the comment on our e-pics!  Seeing it totally made my day!  :)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

No problem!  I wanted to make sure I left you a note just incase Drew was still giving away free pictures in return for comments!  Either way, they were great!  I totally love the sky you had as a backdrop! 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous! I just called Jen to set up an appointment :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, how far out did you book her?
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WoW!  Congratulations :) You are absolutely stunning! There's such a difference :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_up-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:cc5dc9ec-3eca-4872-8b66-bc5f2c8e0657Post:cf314733-bc3e-4326-a178-7f1de46d5248">Re: Make Up Trial - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, how far out did you book her?
    Posted by sarahbutchin[/QUOTE]

Hey Sarah-

I booked Jen at the end of August for My 11/6 wedding.  So just 2 months out.  She is also doing another wedding party before mine on my wedding date.  I also  know that she has already booked dates in 2011, so if you have a more popular date, you may want to book early!

Good Luck!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank so much :-) I spoke with her today. I'm excited to book her! Thanks for the pics and the info!
  • Options
    applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The makeup looks great!!!!
    And wow!!! You look great...you look like you have lost alot of weight!!! I barely recognized you from your previous posts!!! Good for you!! And Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks outstanding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great vendor review!! I'm using Jen B too!!!
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! Jen B. is amazing! I am also using her. She did my makeup for my engagement pictures as my trial! I should have taken before pics like you did! It looks amazing and she is so kind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards