Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Love The Venue... Hate The Catering Menus!!

So my hubby and I are finally going to have the wedding we had always wanted but had to wait until now. The issue is, we found this amazing place that is renting the space for about 145 dollars an hour, which will come out to about $870.00... Includes tables and chairs and we are able to use theAV equipment. The only issue is, they only allow caterers that are partners with them. I looked at the menus, not only are they expensive but my family would not be interested in eating any of this food. I mean most of the people coming are hispanic and they want familiar food... they have pecan encrusted food and fancy asparagus... What should I do?

I mean how can we pass up this place, its beautiful, it really is... but this food seems horrible!!

Re: Love The Venue... Hate The Catering Menus!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Talk to the caterers and see what else they can do.  Any good caterer can make you what ever you want.  Also, talk to the venue, they may be willing to let you use another caterer since you have specific traditional food that you want.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The economy is so bad right now that just about anyone is willing to negotiate their policies for your business.  You are a consumer, and you should be able to choose what you want to spend your money on.  Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say talk to the caterers and see if they can come up with a menu closer to your price range and the food you had in mind.  They should be willing to work with you.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other girls...negotiation is the way to go. I've found that a lot of caterers are willing to change menus around if you make a point to CALL rather than email. Congrats on the venue though! Where are you getting married?

~Irene
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards