Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Affordable wedding dress stores?

Hi, I am just starting to look for wedding dresses and would like to stay under $500, but definately under $800.  Can anyone recommend stores with affordable dresses other than David's Bridal (I did not like that store!).
Thanks!

Re: Affordable wedding dress stores?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Azteca and it was right around $800, but I also recently went shopping with a friend whose budget was basically as inexpensive as possible.  We found some AMAZING dresses that were between $200 and $600.  They were beautiful!  They also usually have 15% off sales on something (different things depending on when you go).  You're a little bit "on your own" when you browse and try things on, but they have great prices, in my opinion.  Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend just bought a dress for $200 at My Sister's Closet and it is beautiful! It's a vintage lace gown, pretty simple silhouette because she's getting married outside. I have also heard good things about Group USA and Almond Tree if you don't mind digging through racks and getting minimal service (which i don't if it means a good deal). I got my dress at Azteca and they definitely have THE biggest selection in a wide variety of price ranges, so it's a good place to look. Good luck! Finding the dress is one of the more fun parts of wedding planning and I think we all feel a little sadness that it's over even though you're so excited to have finally found the dress! Soak in the fun and joy of dress shopping!
  • Options
    belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, Azteca is alot like David's Bridal--not a fan of their customer service at all.  Suzanne's Bridal in Gilbert has a variety of dresses in your price range and if you need it altered, she is one of the best in the Valley.  Plus, their dresses are of wonderful quality and their customer service is much better.

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

You won't get minimal service at Almond Tree -- trust me!  It's a consignment shop, but many of the dresses are new and the owners (both named Pam) are fantastic.  You will get one-on-one boutique treatment, frank advice and even a crash course on alterations.  Pam was supremely helpful and I was so, so disasppointed that I didn't find "the" dress at Almond Tree.  It was hands-down the best experience of wedding planning to date!

I bought my dress from Suzanne's Bridal in Gilbert.  She has a wide range of prices; I found my dream dress for under $600, and got a 10% discount because i was able to pay in full.  I recommend Suzanne's, as well. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Almond Tree.  As Celles mentioned above I got great service and an amazing deal.  My dress was new and never worn even had the tags on it.  They get many of their dresses when bridal stores close or when vendors want to move discontinued styles.  They sell the dresses for half off retail.  I got my dress for $425 ($460) with tax.  I Went home and looked up the dress style on the internet and sure enough, the dress retails for over $900!   It is a name brand (Casa Blanca bridal) dress.  

When trying on dresses they did not hurry me or rush me along.  They even made me try one more dresses to make sure the one I bought was the one I really wanted!  Great Service! 

One note- you must make an appointment!  They dont take walk ins!

This is me in the store trying on the dress.  One of the owners even took the picture!

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Suzanne's in Gilbert and Azteca.  I was also trying to avoid David's Bridal.  I got great service at Suzanne's even though they were busy, and I got medium service at Azteca, they were very busy as well.  In the end, I ordered a dress from Suanne's that I had found at Azteca.  I felt more comfortable with having to deal with Suzanne's going forward.

I am going with a friend to Almond Tree in a few weeks, so I will get to see what all the fuss is about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also recommend Almond Tree and Suzanne's!  although I also went to Azteca to try things on (although had awful service).  Good luck!  Post some pictures when you go :)
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It REALLY surprises me that so many people recomend Suzanne's...   I actually got better service from my consultant at David's than I got at Suzanne's.  They listened to me better, helped me more getting in and out of the dresses when trying them on, and over all were just nicer and more accomidating.

It was the complete opposite of what I expected, and I was really shocked, but I ended up buying two dresses from David's, not only for less than one would have cost me at Suzanne's, but was much happier with the experience and service overall.

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    linder53linder53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Wedding Superstore - great prices and a good selection
  • Options
    belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_affordable-wedding-dress-stores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:d28d3677-8ee6-480f-890b-7f8cc7359aeaPost:cb6a741a-0764-4b11-a1db-5d4d30f80e68">Re: Affordable wedding dress stores?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It REALLY surprises me that so many people recomend Suzanne's...   I actually got better service from my consultant at David's than I got at Suzanne's.  They listened to me better, helped me more getting in and out of the dresses when trying them on, and over all were just nicer and more accomidating. It was the complete opposite of what I expected, and I was really shocked, but I ended up buying two dresses from David's, not only for less than one would have cost me at Suzanne's, but was much happier with the experience and service overall.
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

Must have been a complete fluke..lol...I found David's Bridal to be an absolute nightmare and not the quality of dresses I wanted.  But that's just me...:)  Glad you found what you were looking for!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I had a LOT of issues at Davids Bridal, but went to Suzannes (I highly recommend making an appointment) and had terrific service and was very pleased.  I bought my dress there, it came in when they said it would, the first fitting was fantastic, and I have had a great experience with them.  Some of her employees have been there for YEARS. 
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just an additional note - that I had a great consultant at Davids (for one appointment, for the other time I went back, it was terrible).  So if you end up going there, ask for Jeannie.
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PetSweetiePetSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice everyone!  I really appreciate it.    :)
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uptown Bridal in Chandler had some dresses under 500 and the service was amazing!!! 
  • Options
    ktsanders2bktsanders2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Be sure to check out Almond Tree, I purchased my dress there 2 weeks ago and can't say enough good things about them. They have both new and used gowns. Pam was fantastic, super helpful, explained options for alterations that I was unaware of. Unlike David's Bridal where they have you pick from a catalog, Pam pulled dresses for me to try based on what I liked and disliked about the gowns I had pulled myself. The dress I chose was actually less than 1/2 of my budget, even with alterations!

• Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Uptown Bridal! I got my dress there, I stayed way under 500. :)
  • Options
    rgpjrgpj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Almond Tree (didn't find 'the dress" there) but the service was great, I felt totally unrushed, and I thought their prices were really great.

I ended up purchasing a sample at Azteca (it fit me perfectly, was in great condition and was half price - so less than $500). The service was just okay, but to me, I'd rather save a few hundred bucks in a more self service environment than spend more $$$.

GroupUSA also has some nice, very affordable dresses. Again, a more "self service" environment.
  • Options
    ArizonaRN10ArizonaRN10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my dress at Group USA at AZ Mills Mall.  My dress is $599 and is alot like one at David's Bridal.  They have two month lay away and you can bring your dress back in before the wedding to have it steamed and spot cleaned.  They were not pushy in any way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards