Arizona-Phoenix

XP: Flowers - what do you think?

I also posted this in flowers, but I depend on your ladies advice too much not to consult you haha!

I am using white roses and white hydrangeas to design all of the bouquets.  I was thinking the bridal bouquet would be hydrangeas and roses, the MOH bouquet would be just hydrangeas, and the rest of the BM bouquets would be just roses.  Would this look weird?

P.S. I am DIY-ing my flowers, so I have a lot of last minute control over the flowers, if I don't like the look.

Photobucket

Re: XP: Flowers - what do you think?

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also posted this in flowers, but I depend on your ladies advice too much not to consult you haha!

I am using white roses and white hydrangeas to design all of the bouquets.  I was thinking the bridal bouquet would be hydrangeas and roses, the MOH bouquet would be just hydrangeas, and the rest of the BM bouquets would be just roses.  Would this look weird?

P.S. I am DIY-ing my flowers, so I have a lot of last minute control over the flowers, if I don't like the look.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Loooooooooooooove!!!

I had my MOH have a slightly different boquet from the other BM's... I dont know if anyone noticed or not, but I knew ;) I also had a rhineston broach put on her boquet to set her apart from the other girls.

I love your idea and think your flowers are going to be amazing! Do you have a cold place to store them all over night? I was a BM in a wedding once where the bride DIY'd her flower and we were up til like 1 am the night before her wedding doing flowers...so enlist tons of help and try to do them earlier in the day!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  I am also having the MOH carry a slightly different bouquet.  I met with 3 florists and they all said that it is fairly common to do that, so I don't think that anyone will think that it is odd. 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do have a place!  I was going to use a refrigerator, but I don't think I could find one quite big enough.  Plus, you should never store flowers in the same areas as fruits and vegetables, because the gasses will wilt the flowers.  I didn't want to chance it. Instead, I'm going to use a friend's casita.  It has its own air conditioning unit, so I will make it really cold for the two days they need to be stored. 

I am a very lucky bride with lots of help! FI's grandmother used to be a florist, so she is so graciously going to be my lead helper.  Most if not all of my BM's will be helping, along with my mom and my grandmother.

The flowers will arrive on a Friday for my Sunday wedding.  They will need to be trimmed and stored in water immediately.  They will perk up overnight, and we will begin the arrangements Saturday morning.  I am giving it a good 4-5 hours, and have more time if need be.  They will continue to open up overnight, and hopefully be perfect on Sunday :)

The only major snag I have encountered is my manicure...
    Photobucket
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of having your MOH's bouquet slightly different. I'm doing that with my sister's which will be slightly larger than the others & it'll have a rhinestone brooch that is similar to mine. Way to integrate additional creativity into your arrangements. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of the maid of honor being slightly different. However, I was recently a maid of honor and found that carrying my bouquet and the bride's was a little heavy. Keep in mind that she will be holding yours for much of the ceremony, so making it bigger might not be the way to go. A little extra color or a different colored ribbon wrap might be great. The broach is also a great idea. I wish I could do my own flowers but I don't have the creative juices for it and I don't really know anyone who does. I can't even make flowers look good in a vase. :(

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how they turn out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards