Arizona-Phoenix

Color Coordination Question...

So, I've been trying to figure out what colors I'll be using for the wedding stuff.  Right now, my main color is a bright cobalt blue, with light blue accents.  The bridesmaids are wearing cobalt blue dresses and the maid of honor is wearing cobalt blue with a light blue sash.  I was considering having the flower girl wear either white with the light blue color or just the light blue color to tie that color in more.  Also - wear else are people using different colors?  I was figuring I would do light blue tablecloths maybe?  I haven't even thought about what groom/groomsmen would be wearing yet...

Attached are kind of the flower colors I am considering (white with yellow and pink accents).  Thoughts?  Just worried about everything getting tied together.
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color Coordination Question...

• edited December 2011
    I had totally different colors, but I used colors in a lot of places.  I have a bunch of pics in my bio under pro pics.  But, for example, my flowergirl dress was hot pink and she carried a lime green pomander.  I had black linens with hot pink napkins.  My menu cards had hot pink and bright orange, as did my seating chart.  I had hot pink and bright green cocktail napkins.  My shoes were hot pink.  The groomsmen, groom and my dad had different ties with fun pops of pink.  The cake was really bright.  I had so much fun with color and adding it in fun bursts and got a lot of compliments on all those details.  Just have fun with it, add color where you can, it will look great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My main wedding color will be cobalt blue as well!

We are going with a "Sunset over the Mediterranean" theme.  Cobalt blue for the color of the sea and then pinks and oranges as accents like the sunset.

Lots of luck.  Id love to see pictures of how your color scheme works out!!!!
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
  • edited December 2011
    I think blue looks so great with yellow! I like when people have lots of different colors in their wedding and aren't just "married" to two or three colors. It makes it more fun! The knot just had some thing about new color combos up, so that might help. I also think some greens, pink, purple, even a dark red could work with cobalt blue. Let us know what you choose. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards