Arizona-Phoenix

Engagement Photo Location

My FI and I are taking our engagement photos in two weeks and we're searching for good locations. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement Photo Location

• blancokmblancokm member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

the best e photos i have seen are ones that incorporate the couples interests. what type of things do you and your FI enjoy doing together? From there I may be able to think of some ideas to help :)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Scottsdale Civic plaza seems really popular.  That is where the "LOVE" sculpture is located.
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer just took us to downtown Phoenix and we walked around. It was perfect for us since we wanted a more urban type of feel to the pictures and it was sunset time. We walked over an overpass, sat in front of an abandoned building (sounds creepy but it was so cool looking) and also stopped in a hole in the wall and got ice cream. It was more like a date in downtown Phoenix! Of course, if you want more greenery I would suggest something like the Phoenician or any resort. My friend did hers there and they were cute. Good luck : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chicken, yeah I've done family pictures there and we did pictures for prom there when I was in high school. I'm kind of sick of it to be honest.. :/

Maria, we were kind of thinking downtown. I just didn't want to drive down there walk around forever TRYING to find a spot. We like the idea of an urban feel, old buildings, benches, etc. I also like the idea of greenery though...mhmm I can't decide!

Blancokm, we do a lot of things. We really, really enjoy traveling, spending time with friends, nightlife, wine, we play on a kickball team, volleyball, the movies, the (dog) park, hiking, etc.. I'm not sure there is a particular location that would really fit our personalities. I just want one that's going to provide us with stunning photos. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Britt, well first question....do you have a good photographer? Honestly, I think a good photographer can find shots anywhere! It seemed like things I would have never thought of our photographer was all over! Downtown there are some super cute wine bars you could stop in at and maybe sit on a patio? We got some really cute ones just sitting on some steps at a building. So really I think your photograher should have some good ideas.

Also, maybe ask him/her where they have taken them before. We went downtown because he was really familiar with that area so he ran the show! It was really nice knowing he knew what he was doing : ) Also, you could ask him/her if you can do two different locations. Ours offered that but we just stuck with downtown since it was going well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the Boojum Tree and they had awesome back drops. I was annoyed that we had to pay 100 dollars to use the place but it was worth it. We then went to the Scottsdale Civic Center. I was not impressed with the Scottsdale Civic Center at all. It ws very generic and the Love statue is overplayed. I am very happy with went with Boojum Tree
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_engagement-photo-location-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:e451c021-ca69-4f54-9124-637d1c4e1847Post:e1198808-0992-46b6-8c7d-40a0cdc45ecc">Re: Engagement Photo Location</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to the Boojum Tree and they had awesome back drops. I was annoyed that we had to pay 100 dollars to use the place but it was worth it. We then went to the Scottsdale Civic Center. I was not impressed with the Scottsdale Civic Center at all. It ws very generic and the Love statue is overplayed. I am very happy with went with Boojum Tree
    Posted by kjoseph81[/QUOTE]

That's so funny! I emailed Boojum tree last night and got the $100 quote back today. They said they'd charge $65 an hour if done during normal business hours during the summer, which means at least 110 degree weather. Still debating...
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old town scottsdale is where we did ours and they turned out really nice
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We did ours on Mill Ave/Tempe Town Lake because it holds sentimental value to us (we met and had our first date there).  We also considered the DBG/Papago Park, and a park in Mesa that's supposed to be pretty (I forget the name of it now).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    ASU West Campus has pretty grass and flowers.  It also has lots of brick, which can make for a beautiful backdrop.

We took our engagement photos in downtown Phoenix....Mostly by the MonOrchid on 3rd street and Roosevelt.  They have really cute murals on the buildings.
  • heather85259heather85259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing sahuaro lake its beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    We are still debating. Papago Park, Riparian Preserve, Botanical Gardens or Saguaro Lake. We wanted something outside and nature-y as our wedding is in downtown Mesa and wedding pictures will be very urban.
    Married my better half on 11/6/2011.
  • edited December 2011
    We are plannign to do Desert Botanical Gardens.  I like the idea of all the native vegetation in the pictures.  I want it to contrast from the wedding photos which will be on a golf course, which is beautiful, but I want another kind of beautiful for our engagement pictures.  I also thought about the Gilbert Junkyard.  i have friend who have used it and believe it or not, it works awesome!  It all depends on what kind of look you are going for.  You may ask your photographer also for suggestions.  A seasoned professional may have some locations none of us even know yet!
  • Heritage Square in DT Phoenix is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards