Arizona-Phoenix

Airbrush Makeup and Hair- Costs?

Hello all! I've seen many posts looking for suggestions for hair and makeup and have looked into some of them.

I'm looking for specifically airbrush makeup... and the wedding will be in the East Valley. First question I have in general is this: The prices I'm hearing are about $125- $150 for the bride and $75 for a trial... It seems absurd to me because I got airbrush makeup done for a friends wedding in Chicago and paid $60 for it!

Is this the going rate right now? I feel slightly upset that I'm paying so much for a trial especially... I feel fine with paying $150 for the day of but I would expect a free trial beforehand to figure out if even like the person's style.

Any hints or tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, names of people you've used in your own weddings that did well would be great!

Thank you so much for any advice you have!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Airbrush Makeup and Hair- Costs?

• I'm using KLM Artistry for my wedding - I got the Elite Bride package, which included myself and 3 of my girls for $395... that's with photo touch ups as well. On location. You can add additional makeup for $45 per person. I can't honestly remember if she did airbrushing at my trial, but I want to say that she did. My makeup looked pretty flawless.

My trial was $50 and if you book the day you're there for your trial, Kim gives you $30 towards your package.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • I am using Stephanie Nault <---clicky

She is $55 ($65 for airbrushing). I know she charges an extra fee for traveling outside of a 25 minute radius, but it still should be near as expensive as what you have been quoted. The trial costs the same as the wedding day. Contact her and tell her Amanda Miller referred you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'm using Rachel Bush  http://rachelbush.com/weddings/

Her Bridal Package is $185 and that Includes "pre-wedding bridal consultation, airbrush foundation, blush, and contouring,  false lashes, travel to and from your location*, and a full tube of lip color for touch-ups" 

She also offers a  20% discount on everyone if you have 5 or more girls (including you) getting their makeup done :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_airbrush-makeup-hair-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:edc6e39e-6049-4b5b-bcab-8447be523b32Post:6488aed9-fd15-49b7-9385-11583cc04a31">Re: Airbrush Makeup and Hair- Costs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using KLM Artistry for my wedding - I got the Elite Bride package, which included myself and 3 of my girls for $395... that's with photo touch ups as well. On location. You can add additional makeup for $45 per person. I can't honestly remember if she did airbrushing at my trial, but I want to say that she did. My makeup looked pretty flawless. My trial was $50 and if you book the day you're there for your trial, Kim gives you $30 towards your package.
    Posted by andreamarie77[/QUOTE]

I'm also using Kim KLM and she's absolutely awesome!! We added a extras to our package - 2 makeup and 3 hair. We're splitting the makeup price between the 6 girls and it doesn't come out to be too much. Her trial is only $25 for makeup, but $50 if you're also doing hair. You'll get $15 back towards your makeup package, and $30 for hair and makeup. She does do airbrushing, even at the trial. She stays through the ceremony to do touchups before pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_airbrush-makeup-hair-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:edc6e39e-6049-4b5b-bcab-8447be523b32Post:46a5b40d-ed0f-459f-b38d-5d00244a628c">Re: Airbrush Makeup and Hair- Costs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Rachel Bush  <a href="http://rachelbush.com/weddings/" rel="nofollow">http://rachelbush.com/weddings/</a> Her Bridal Package is $185 and that Includes "pre-wedding bridal consultation, airbrush foundation, blush, and contouring,  false lashes, travel to and from your location*, and a full tube of lip color for touch-ups"  She also offers a  20% discount on everyone if you have 5 or more girls (including you) getting their makeup done :)
    Posted by christinakay722[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the referral! I tried Stephanie, but she was already booked my date. Booked now with Rachel, and doing my trial the day of my bachelorette party :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_airbrush-makeup-hair-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:edc6e39e-6049-4b5b-bcab-8447be523b32Post:07dd89d4-cb37-4385-bfee-d4745524b8a0">Re: Airbrush Makeup and Hair- Costs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airbrush Makeup and Hair- Costs? : Thanks for the referral! I tried Stephanie, but she was already booked my date. Booked now with Rachel, and doing my trial the day of my bachelorette party :)
    Posted by FutureMrsWright2012[/QUOTE]

Yay! Happy to help :)

PS:  I'm also having my trial the night of my bachelorette party.  Great minds think alike ;)
  • Thanks! I booked a trial with Stephanie Nault!! :) I'm SO EXCITED!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need price for makeup @ hair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards