Arizona-Phoenix
Options

DIY Photo Book?

Hi guys,

I can't justify jacking up my photography pricing by $600-$1000 for the photobooks.  Has anyone tried making their own through Blurb or Snapfish? How do they come out?  I still want something really nice and well put-together.  Do you think it's possible to do your own printing on something like that?

Ideas or recommendations!

Re: DIY Photo Book?

• Options
    I've used Heritage Makers in the past and had a good experience (tons of templates and add-on options). I know a lot of folks on the DIY board recommend Mixbook (plus Mixbook often has Groupons, so keep your eyes open for extra savings). I'm planning to do my own book, too.
  • Options
    Its not a wedding book, but I used Shutterfly to make a vacation albumn a few months ago.  The photographer I'm looking into has albumns they offer, and the prices are pretty resonable, so I might just go with them.   But the book I made with shutterfly was actually really nice.  You can do an image wrap cover, and the pictures printed nice.   It was kind of a pain to put together, the site kept lagging for me (but its free to design a book, so you could always go to their site and create an album just to see how it is to put one together).  I did like how it looked printed though. 

Does your photographer give you the full size files for your pictures.  My friend got married, and was told she was getting all her pictures on CD.  They were all PROOF pictures, so she ended up paying even more to get the full sized files from her photographer to make her own album.  It was a big headache, I felt so bad for her.  I'm trying to learn from her experience, so I want to make sure I'm clear about what I want. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards