Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Candy bar

We are planning on doing a candy bar for our wedding. I'm just curious where everyone is buying their jars at? Our wedding isn't until next march so i'm just trying to get some ideas on where to go! thanks so much for the help!

Re: Candy bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have bought some from Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, and I've heard others say that the dollar stores have them as well.  I want different varieties so I shopped all over.
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from a Knottie and some from Michael's. Getting married this Saturday and might be willing to sell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TJ Maxx has great options!
  • Options
    aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am doing a candy bar as well.  How much candy per person should I buy?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, TJ Maxx and believe it or not, Ross.

I would check around Craigslist to start though...  I just saw a listing not too long ago for a full candy buffet set up.  I will for sure be selling mine after our wedding the end of this month!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto TJ Maxx.  Where have you found the best prices on candy?  
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
    DH 45 ME 44

TTC #3 since 7/11 using OPK's and trying to figure out Fertility Friend! LOL
    DS #1 born on 7/20/87 DS#2 born on 1/19/96
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't bought candy yet...   we're not too good at not eating sweet things in the house, which is bad for FI's diabetes, and my waistline.  LOL

We are going to start kind of looking around here and there this week I think.

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking at the boads and on the reception boards some girls talked about candy warehouse.  The prices seem good.  I also heard oriental trading for suckers.  Keep me posted on where you find yours.   I have only bought two things as i am still 45days away.  I bought at costco rice krispy treats and at the dollar store I bought 5 bags of razzles.  (my candy bar is blue and white).  We are just like you guys.  My FI is a diabetic and I am watching my weight so we try to keep it out of the house too!
    DH 45 ME 44

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, we ended up going to Sweeties today...  and pretty much got everything we needed.   I guess that's off the list!

Ours is purple, white and silver...  we spent about $160 and got everything we needed for 8 containers.  =)

Now to not eat it in the next 3 weeks... 
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    where is sweeties?  So for comparison sake did you feel it was a better deal?  We have 15 containers to fill.  How many guest are you having? Maybe I am doing too much! LOL  Good luck with the strenght to not munch on all your sweet stuff!

DH 45 ME 44

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A better deal than what?   It seemed pretty comparable to what I was looking at online, but without shipping!   It really depends on what kinds you want to get too...  gummy bears are cheap, gumballs are cheap and fill a lot of space...  the chocolate stuff is more spendy.  We got gumballs for the biggest container we have (because it's really huge, like 10 pounds of gumballs worth), chocolate for a couple smaller/medium containers, some rock candy for a medium one.

It's at Chandler and Alma School...  1050 West Chandler Boulevard.

We are only having about 30 guests, honestly it's way too much candy for that many I think, but I wanted it to look pretty. If we take it home, we take it home...  and I gain some weight.  LOL!

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Candy bar?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I got my candy at Sweeties too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    going to Chandler today to check it out.  Thanks for the info!
    DH 45 ME 44

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my candy dishes at the Brass Armadillo Antique Store in Phoenix.  It's right off the 101 North of Cactus.  It's HUGE but has such a great selection.  I might be willing to sell mine after my wedding on the 26th of this month.  They're all turquoise blue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    syndelin, thanks for the info forgot to post I went to sweeites and got almost everything I was looking for.  I still need some facy blue and white lolli pops.  What a cool place and good prices too.  Thanks! 
    DH 45 ME 44

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!  I'm glad you got a lot of stuff you could use!  It was a fun store to walk around in for sure.  LOL

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lots of links to candy websites and ideas for set-up:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Wedding-Candy-Buffet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards