Arizona-Phoenix

April 30th wedding reviews with pictures!

Our wedding was perfect.  I seemed to be running 10 minutes behind all day leading up to when I need to be to the venue and it was windy as could be but overall, it was such a great day!  This is really long so just forwarning...

Venue: Regency Garden: A+
Regency Garden is my happiest place on earth! When we first started looking for venues, my mom told me that I would know when I found the right one. The minute I walked into Regency I knew what she meant. I LOVED the intimate garden feel that flows from the outdoor ceremony site into the reception area. The venue speaks for itself when it comes to beauty but it is the owner Chris and the gals who work with him, Evelyn above all, who really make it shine.
I highly recommend using their packages with the vendors provided. I don't think you can find higher quality vendors who genuinely enjoy what they do more. It also takes SO much stress off the bride because you have all the aspects you need, give Chris a check which he disperses to the vendors, and go to your appointments to pick what you want. No more googling and spreadsheets to keep track of everyone you need to book and pay, it's taken care of for you. The best part is that these vendors are truly like one big family. They have worked together countless times and know how the others work. When Chris tells you that his staff and vendors can run the show without him there, it's absolutely true because this happened with our wedding on April 30th. While we wished Chris was there because we have genuinely gotten to know and like him, nothing involving the wedding was subpar in his absence.
Lastly, and importantly, Regency Garden is EXTREMELY budget conscious. I was shocked how reasonable they were after suffering price shock while looking at other venues around the valley.
I can't even begin to thank Chris and Evelyn enough for orchestrating and working so hard to make our day special and "ours".

Photographer: Still Life Studios: A++
What can I say about Still Life Studios but that I love Matt Wheeler! What an amazing team and business he has built with photography that doesn't disappoint. I booked with them using the vendor package through Regency Garden and it was a decision that did not disappoint. I used to work as a photographer (nothing of Still Life caliber but enough that I was very picky when it came to choosing a wedding photographer) and when I saw Still Life Studios' work, I knew I didn't have to worry or look anymore.
First of all, Matt has a personality that is so open, friendly, and goofy that you immediately feel comfortable and able to laugh. He became a friend during the engagement session so made the wedding day a complete blast! He has such an eye for detail, angles, different perspectives that just translate into incredibly beautiful and unique photographs. There are so many great "I HAVE to have" shots that I may have to take a second job so I can get them all! lol.
I had ordered a guest book through them as well which Cosette designed that turned out lovely! The quality of their albums is 100 times better than those you can make and order yourself and the price is very reasonable in comparison as well.
Another plus is how fast the pictures were ready for viewing. Our wedding was April 30th and the online gallery was up May 6th. I was expecting to wait at least a couple weeks so imagine my surprise and utter delight to have gotten the notification email not even a week later!
Thank you SO much to Still Life Studios and Matt, you made the day special and unique, and captured everything we wanted and then some! Even the request to have an entire bridal party on a big pink chair! Thank you a million times, we will definitely be visiting Still Life Studios again for family pictures in years to come!

I could post pictures forever!  I'm in love with them! lol.

Videographer: Simply Cinema: A+
The day goes by in a blur! This is what I kept being told about my upcoming wedding day so I knew from the very beginning that I wanted a great videographer to capture all the special moments that I didn't get to see or want to relive again. I knew I had found just this when I came across Simply Cinema. The quality of work that they produce more than surpasses any other videographer I came across in my hours of google searches. The artistic shots and beautiful way they showcase the venues in the videos on their blog just solidified my decision that they were my ultimate choice. They truly are a great service for a reasonable price.
I want to send a big thank you to Luis and Dustin who were our videographers on our April 30th wedding! They are two excellent guys on the Simply Cinema team who are as nice and easy to work with as can be! I could not have been happier with how they worked with my photographer and interacted with not only me and my husband but everyone who was at the wedding. They are truly an asset to Simply Cinema.
Also, Taryn who works for them is so prompt in returning emails and answering questions. I would even get responses on weekend nights!
I can't wait to see the final product and am so happy with my choice. To any bride who is wondering if they should spend the money, do it, there are too many parts you miss that will be treasured later!

Taking the mic off my new hubby!  They had forgot to remove it after the ceremony.  There should be great footage of Matt talking about my demon eyes because I had makeup on my contact. LOL!

DJ: Birkett Entertainment: A++
When you book Chris Birkett, you are not just getting a dj, you are getting a true performer! Our reception was without a doubt the MOST interactive and fun party I have ever been to. He got everyone out on the dance floor and even incorporated some fun surprises that my husband and I didn't even know about. (Blues brothers performance by Chris and the groomsmen was the hit of the night!) The night flew by and everything was kept on track without any dragging on spots.
Chris is so genuine, it's so apparent that he loves what he does. He made us comfortable from the first sit down planning meeting where we got a tour of his backyard (which is totally awesome but besides the point) and talked about Ghost Hunters and other interests so it felt more like a friend who was going to dj our wedding, not a faceless vendor who communicates only through email. Best part for me was I wanted the I Love Lucy theme song for the entrance music of my husband and I and Chris found it for me!
We booked Chris through the vendor package at Regency Garden and it was the absolute best decision because truly, there is not a better dj out there!
Oh, and my mom is still wondering how Chris did so many costume changes without anyone knowing... I say it's Birkett magic! lol. Thank you so much Chris, it was an amazing night and you are amazing at what you do!

Catering: A Savory Affair: A+
I wish I could have been a guest at my wedding so I could have eaten more! A Savory Affair provided without a doubt some of the best and most flavorful food I have ever tasted. Their rolls and butter alone are fantastic but then they had an option for scalloped sweet potatoes and I was in heaven! Chef James is so friendly and laid back that it was like a friend cooking for our event. The way they do their tasting in their catering shop is great because it is so casual and personal and you are never made to feel rushed. We went through what the menu would be and he explained how everything would work with the appetizers and buffet the day of the wedding.
The day of the wedding I received many compliments on how good the food was and the fact that it was hot, something that doesn't always happen at weddings. Chef James and Chef Tim have a wonderful business and they are a pleasure to work with.

Cake: Piece of Cake Desserts: A+
Cake testing was what my now husband was most excited about doing while we were planning our wedding and Piece of Cake did not disappoint! Their cakes are delicious without being cloyingly sweet. It was so hard to choose what flavors we wanted but the almond and raspberry filling cakes won out! It was a quick and painless meeting with them because I knew what I wanted and Kevin even used the copy of the invitation I brought in to replicate the scrolls on the cake. Our wedding was April 30th and the cake was exactly what I had envisioned and more. Simple, elegant and tasted fantastic!

Flowers: Crismon's Flowers: A+
We used Crismon's Flowers as our florist for our wedding April 30th as part of the venue package with Regency Garden. They did not disappoint with how beautiful the bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, etc. turned out. I loved the bits of sparkle they incorporated into by bouquet and it was prettier than I could have imagined it would look. I love ranunculus and they made sure they were in season and would be able to get them for me.
Through the venue you get a floral budget which I was under when the total was made. Therefore I got to upgrade my centerpieces and bridal bouquet which was so much fun! They also provided flowers on the chairs of the aisle during the ceremony which I wasn't aware of so it was a very pleasant surprise! Their flowers are absolutely lovely and great quality. The staff is friendly and easy to work with and get a hold of.

Officiant: Rev. Rick Bell: A
Rev. Rick was wonderful to work with for our April 30th wedding and I loved the ceremony planner that he provided to help guide us in constructing a unique ceremony for us. Rick was very quick to respond to emails and was a pleasure to correspond with. He had some great ideas and I loved the suggestion to incorporate the giving of the roses to the mothers. Thank you for a beautiful ceremony.

Alterations: Janet Kirkman: A++
Janet Kirkman is not simply a seamstress, she truly is an artist in every sense of the word. She took my mermaid style strapless lace dress and turned it into an a-line vision with beautiful hand beaded straps. She added crinoline to make the skirt fuller and added a french bustle for the reception. Being a plus size bride, there weren't as many dress options for me to choose from so I bought what was most like what I wanted and then Janet made it the dress of my dreams. She really makes your dress "yours" and I could not be happier with the end result. Her prices are also VERY affordable for all that she does. I was expecting to pay at least half of what I paid for my dress for all I wanted done and it was just a small fraction of that. And this included HAND BEADING!! I'm really partial to the straps and love looking at them! :)
My mom came with me each time I went for a fitting. I don't know if it was more to see me or to shop and look at all the accessories and extras that Janet has for sale as well! I bought a gorgeous lace garter from her and my mom bought an evening bag.
Also, Janet runs her business out of her house. I really liked this because it provides such a more intimate and personal environment. I wasn't having to trot out into a busy overcrowded room with my bra hanging out in front of everyone.
Janet is one of the nicest people I have ever met and she goes out of her way to make you happy and feel like your best on your special day. I would recommend to anyone and everyone because I don't think you will find a higher quality of work anywhere.

Makeup: Krista Sharp: A++
I tried to schedule with Jen B and Heather Wilson, both were already booked, but Heather referred me to a friend of hers, Krista, and I could not have been happier!  She did a smoky eye that was evening wedding appropriate yet still natural.  I felt so pretty!

Dress: Strut Bridal Salon: A+
Strut is a plus size bridal store and it was SO great to have a place where I could try on dresses and they fit!  I had gone to David's Bridal and didn't find anything I loved.  Strut had a bigger selection of dresses that I could try on and in my opinion were better quality.  My dress was even cheaper here than the one that I liked the best at David's Bridal.  The owner, Ann, is such a sweetheart and really listens to what you want and is not pushy in the least.  I would recommend Strut to any plus size bride who wants to enjoy the dress selection process and feel beautiful.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards