Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding Skin

Ok so with 6 months to go is anybody doing anything special to have perfect clear skin for the big day? I'm wondering if I should get monthly facials, etc.

Re: Wedding Skin

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone mentioned in a previous similarly themed post that changing up your regimen before the wedding may not be a good idea. That resinated with me. I won't change anything...and facials are risky for me, because I have very sensitive skin. Because I'm so dry, I'll definitely get a microderm (they're great for me, done them before, so I feel safe going this route)...it really brightens up my skin.

HTH!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to start getting facials...right now our monthly budget doesn't really have room for that.  I started to use new face wash, moisturizer, and eye cream a few months ago and I like the results so far.  I also do an at home moisture mask/exfoliating peel once a month. 
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     The Fall/Winter issue of Instyle Wedding had a section that included a wedding beauty timeline that included things like facials, manicures, etc.  I wouldn't do anything too extreme because you don't want your skin to have a reaction.  I also just found the link on their website.  It's a little more general than the magazine, but hope it helps!

http://www.instyleweddings.com/weddings/article/0,,20171718,00.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     And it's perfect for you since  the beauty countdown istarts at 6 months! : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im actually a licensed (medical) esthetician. I do allll sorts of facial treatments for allll sorts of conditions.... Let me know what your concerns are with you skin, and I can recommend treatments/facials that will be most beneficial. I would start soon so you can acclimate your skin and avoid any reactions to close to your day of. Starting now also should give you amazing results by your big day!! I would definitely go the medical spa/dermatology route as appose to the typical day spa treatments, as those are more for relaxation....

Let me know if you have any questions!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards