Illinois-Chicago
Options

Shower Invites - Coworkers

I plan on inviting 2 people to our wedding however I'm not sure if I should invite them to the shower. One is my boss and another is a lady I have befriended of the years. Neither of them are close to each other. Also, through the years I know that my boss is not a fan of showers in general.

Basically, I don't want them to come out of obligation but I definitely don't want them to feel left out.

Would it be appropriate to invite them to the wedding only?
When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Shower Invites - Coworkers

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, that came out so wrong! I mean I plan on inviting 2 people from WORK to the wedding.

I have very fat fingers today.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...i'm not sure what the proper etiquette is for shower invites. I gave my mom and sister (moh) a list of my friends and I know my mom has added to it, but it's mostly just close friends and family.

I only just started my job in September here in Chicago, and I work with nothing but a bunch of DUDES, so I don't have that problem.

I'm curious to see the replies to this one.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By no means do I have an expert opinion, but I would say that it's ok not to invite them to the shower, especially if you know your boss doesn't like showers. I always thought showers were more for family and close friends.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp...I think showers are only for close friends and family members. I think it's ok to not invite them to the shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Whew! Thanks so much guys, that's what I was hoping for.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, showers are for close friends and family- they may think it's tacky if they are invited.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  Showers are for close frienda and family.  No worries.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards