Illinois-Chicago
Options

Hello ladies - New Knottie here!!

I was engaged June 9th GO HAWKS!  

Anyway i have been doing a lot of thinking about my future dress... I am positive i want a tea length dress  however i can find any affordable dresses that i like. 

Do any of you know if i can take a regular floor length gown and get it altered to be a tea length??

Has anyone done this before??

Thank you
Lauren
Lauren Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello ladies - New Knottie here!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think if it would be easy especially if the bottom of the dress was fairly plain (not a lot of bead or embellishments)  I think that's a great idea actually!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  

I'm not sure about this, but I wonder if you'd be paying a lot more buying a full length dress and then converting it to a tea length?  Like Miranda said, it also depends what the skirt looks like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea i'm not about the whole price the tea length dresses i really like are melissa sweet @ pricilla of boston in oak brook terrace...  how ever i found similar full length dress for like 1/2 the price at house of brides and davids bridal... so i didnt know if it would be impossible or super expensive to cut off the bottom by a foot.
    Lauren Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congrats on your engagement.

Do you have your venue yet? The formality of the dress, either more casual or more formal, depends on the time of day of your wedding and the venue.

I wanted to bring this up because there are SOOOO MANY 2 dress brides out there. just check the wedding classifieds board, and you will see what I mean

You may change your mind a number of times about your gown. 
    People get engaged, get excited and want to get the dress right away. I strongly advise you to wait to buy your gown until you have your venue booked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards