Illinois-Chicago

Bella Photography

Has anyone worked with Bella Photography before for a photographer or videographer?

Re: Bella Photography

• edited December 2011
    I called them to price them out- can't remember who I spoke to, it was back in October. But either way. I did like their website/pictures; however, she insinuated to me that it was wrong of my fiance to not come with me to meet with her. I explained that he is doing a lot with the wedding, and he just has no interest in the photography part, and she kinda snapped back 'well I would just think that if he really wanted to be a part of the special day, he would want to be there to support you and at least know what you're spending $3,000 on'.

I was immediately turned off. The fact that my FI didn't want to sit through an hour long meeting with a photographer didn't bother me, so I was annoyed it bothered her. Heck, I barely wanted to sit through the photographer meetings, but my mom dragged me to 3 to compare. And then the assumption that I was going to spend $3k on photography bothered me as well.

Maybe this comment wouldn't have bothered anyone else, as they actually do great work as shown in their pictures on the website, but I was just annoyed by the first conversation.  I ended up going with Essence Photography, in Orland Park, and my package comes in just shy of $2k.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you like Essence? We have a appointment with them next weekend. Did they do a good job?
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not personally worked with them, but a good friend of mine used them for her October '10 wedding (for both photography and videography).  She was very happy with them.  If you have any specific questions, let me know or PM me and I can pass your questions along to her!  GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lonyahglonyahg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Bella. My wedding isn't until next yr. My venue recommended them. I met with Lisa at a Panera Bread in Lisle. She was very helpful. My FH and I got a great deal. I receive monthly updates. I think you should try them out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards