Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rec your on location hair/makeup

I am having really bad luck so far trying to book wedding day hair and makeup. My original plan was to go to a local salon that my mom and I have been going to for years on the wedding day for hair and makeup. Well, the wedding coordinator won't return any of my phone calls, so I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'm not having much luck with other local salons, so I'm starting to look into stylists who will travel to my hosue. I know this has been posted before, but I wasn't really paying attention because we weren't considering this. I am looking for a budget friendly vendor who will travel to the north suburbs (Gurnee area). TIA!
Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Rec your on location hair/makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending you a PM.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jess,

I had my makeup trial today! My girl is Kim Nather, she is great. beautybybrush@yahoo.com. I will post pics tomorrow of my trial, but she is great. It is $150 for trial and day of, including everything: airbrush, lashes, etc. She is even buying lipstick for me so I can carry it around the rest of the day at no additional charge. Anyway, good luck, I had trouble with hair people too. PM me if you want my hair girl's info, I can send it!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph-I just contacted your girl, thanks!  150 is not bad for a trial AND the day of.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh good! Definitely! :)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Sharon Daniels Salon in Schaumburg. All their stylists travel and I think the prices are very reasonable for the quality of work they do. The makeup artist I'm using doesn't do airbrush, but maybe one of the other ones does if that's something you're interested in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chicago Bridal is good
    http://chicagobridalhairandmakeup.com/
    and Cinthia Sally gets a lot of knotties too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to several bridal expos trying to find a makeup artist and they all made me up to look like a hooker!  It was one bad experience after another.  Finally for my makeup, I went with Cait, she's a certified makeup artist, and I think that was the real difference.  She's very talented and really inexpensive. She listened to what I wanted and made me feel at ease. (Which wasn't easy after the disasters at the wedding expos). 

Cait's info for makeup:
    cait@straightupmakeup.net or www.straightupmakeup.net

My new step-daughter did my hair.  She does styling for bridal parties on the weekends with her cousin.  They are amazing and reasonably priced!!!

Megan's info for hair:
    wantucme@lewisu.edu

Both go on-location for the trials and on the day of your event.

Hope this helps!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Kim Piech..... She does both hair and makeup and is amazing at both.  Very reasonable pricing as well.  Her website is www.kimpiechmakeup.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards