Illinois-Chicago
Options

Poll: What did you get your bridesmaids?

i got mine:-Ivory Pashminas-flip-flops to dance in for the reception-bracelets-earrings-a letterdo i need to give them something else? Is this enough? What are you guys giving the gals?

Re: Poll: What did you get your bridesmaids?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think what you have is enough I got each bridesmaid different compact, personalized stationary and a frame I thought they would like, then they all got the same earrings and I am writing a different note to everyoneI am also taking them to lunch and paying for manicures the day before the wedding
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These ideas are good thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Necklace and earrings, Coach wristlet, some lotion in their favorite scent.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    HapplyEvrAftrHapplyEvrAftr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got them each something different to fit their personalities: For my college-aged sister - Custom perfume (she knew ahead of time so she could pick out the scents) & monogrammed tote bag For my sister who loves to bake - Williams Sonoma dessert cookbook, WS chocolate mill, gourmet chocolate barsFor my stressed, mother of 3, sister - 1 hour swedish massageThey were able to pick out black cocktail dresses, their own shoes, and their own jewelry, so I didn't feel the need to cover that. If I had requested that they all get a specific version, or that they have their hair & makeup done, I probably would have covered that, too...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got each a clutch purse and a set of jewelry (one got a necklace and earrings, the other got a ring and earrings). Each gift was suited to their personal tastes, and not meant to use at the wedding. 
  • Options
    disneyfan0511disneyfan0511 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got each girl a 1154 Lill bag - I customized them each to the girls own taste.  I also plan on getting flip flops and lip gloss to put in the bags.  I wanted to give them something they could use beyond the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting them the accessories for the wedding (boas and hair pieces) as well as a purse hanger in their favorite colors. I'm also probably going to take them out to dinner two nights before the wedding.purse hangers[url]<a href="http://www.pursehook.net/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.pursehook.net/</a>[/url]
  • Options
    SsaaraahhSsaaraahh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think what you are giving them sounds great! I got mine a bottle of "Wedding Wine" from Lynfred Winery, and a personalized wine glass, plus they got their jewelry and hair done for the day of the wedding. And of course a thoughtful letter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the 1154 Lill Studio bags! They are on the pricey side but the girls LOVED them. A few of them came into the shop to customize their own and I chose for the other 2 girls. If your budget is 75-100 per girl these are a great way to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got them a bracelet and earrings for the day of (and also can be worn again). Then I got them gift certificates to get mani/pedi. The friday before the wedding day we will all go to the salon when they close at 8 pm and all get our nails done together....and I will be bringing some desserts and champagne. Some good girl time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to my girls they did not want anything., they were shocked that I would even give them a gift.  I am still going to pay for their manicure, hair, and make-up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought them each a different clutch from etsy seller redrubyrose.  I might get them earrings too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave them each a gift from Tiffany's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought their dresses & flip flops for the reception, and a spa day for after the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave them: -personalized notecards (all different per personality) -a piece of nice jewelry from various etsy sites (all different per personality- NOT intended to be worn in wedding) -makeup bags/travel kits with their initials I was going to do flip flops but we had a huge basket at the reception instead for all women guests to take. They paid for their dresses/shoes, and since I didn't mandate hair/makeup to be done those that wanted those services paid for them.  We did pay for all 9 of them to have brunch with me and my mom the morning of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All got - Coach purse, flip flops, lip gloss. They each got their own personalized present - bracelet, necklace, hair pins, paid for hair done, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hair/Make-up at hotel day of Coach wristlet Jewelry for dress (earrings/necklace)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards