Ohio-Northeast
Options

Dream "Tented" Reception

My dream reception would consist of a formal, enclosed, tented reception for roughly 50 people.  Before I get my hopes up and start searching for rental companies, does anyone know if local venues allow rental services like this?  There is no option to have it at a relative's or friend's house... no room.  I like the idea of having an outdoor ceremony, possible at a garden.  I'm just not sure how rental tents work and what places allow them or don't.  I'm torn.  Any ideas? 

Re: Dream "Tented" Reception

• Options
    jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure about venues that will allow you to set up a tented reception, but the first thing that came in mind for you was the Hanna Courtyard at Manakiki Golf Course. Manakiki is a beautiful location for a wedding and you can hold your reception in the Hanna courtyard which is a tented facility. The good thing about thsi arrangment is that Sammays, the catering company, will do all of the tent set-up and you won' have to work with another company.

Here are some pictures if you are interested!
    http://www.sammys.com/album-manakiki.shtml
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out quailcrest farm in Wooster (if that is in your area!) - I know they have a barn type reception hall as back up, and will permit tented receptions on their grounds which has gardens all over it so it sounds like it would be up your alley.  I have photos of Quailcrest if interested - email me at angela.wish@gmail.com

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mapleside Farm in Brunswick does tented receptions on their grounds AND they have an indoor party room as backup.

Glidden House does outdoor receptions for groups that small on their patio, but not a 'rustic' atmosphere if that is what you are going for. Awesome food! A bit pricey. Not sure what your budget is. Glidden is near Severance Hall, on the east side of Cleveland.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Manakiki!  I also wanted the whole tented feel.  I love it!  I didn't want the stress of renting everything down to the last salt shaker though.  Check out my bio for pictures of the ceremony site at Manakiki.  I don't have my own pictures of the tent yet though.  The pictures on their site are very outdated.  The tent has been updated and they have Chivari chairs now :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards