Illinois-Chicago
Options

name change

Does anyone have any info on how to change your name...I can't find mine anywhere!!TIA!!

Re: name change

• Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really isn't as hard as some people make it out to be, I did everything in one morning. The first thing you need is your marriage certificate, it i usually available from the county about 3-4 weeks after your wedding.  I visited the DMV first and they changed my name and issued my new ID in 10 minutes.  Then, I went to the SS office and showed them my marriage cert, my DL, and my old SS card.  They took my old card and mailed the new card to me about 4 weeks later.My bank accounts had to be changed in person and most of my credit cards let me change it over the phone.The last thing I did was mail a copy of my marriage certificate, new photos, and the form to have my passport changed.  If your passport is less than a year old there isn't a charge to issue you a new one.GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used the article on the nest. I am still in the process of doing it all. Its not hard at all, just some places take longer than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards