Ohio-Northeast
Options

Invitations

Hi :)

I am getting married in June and still do not have invitations! I was wondering if anyone had any experiences they wanted to share about ordering invitations. I have looked at Papyrus and Magnet Street Weddings. I'm a little nervous to order online b/c of not being able to see the quality. What worked/didn't work for you??

Thanks!

Re: Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We completly made our invitations. Everything from making the pockets. There is a great paper Store in Brunswick, That has a long of great ideas for invatations.
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are ordering ours from Joe Ds printing in N olmsted. Im a June bride too.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered online from www.rexcraft.com and had no problems. I was able to get a paper sample before ordering, so I could see what the paper looked and felt like before I ordered ours. They did a great job and shipped quickly. We had ours easily inside of 1 week without using any special shipping method.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our invitations and thank you notes from Walmart, actually, and they were cute!  Then I came up with the invitation wording and font in Microsoft Word, saved it as a pdf, and emailed it to Office Max.  They printed all my invitations for about $5.  It was easy and cheap and let me make whatever time frame I wanted.
  • Options
    kkiser44kkiser44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our Invitations at Michaels using 50% off coupons, they had a large selection.  We paid about $80 for 120 invitations.  Then we printed them at home on our printer.  For some reason, some of them wouldn't print, so we had the local Villager print them off for $40 dollars, still not bad for DIY.  Everyone loved them, we received lots of compliments!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    after finally accepting that i am not a DIY person, I went with a lady has this as her side business. she did my coworker's wedding invitations and rehearsal dinner invitations. beautiful work! and gives you lots of options and can work with your budget. she drew up 10 different designs for us and my super picky man took several pieces of each to come up with our own design. LOVE IT! i paid maybe just $50 more having her do it. and i know the costs bc my sister does them tooon the side. but she is way too busy with other crap i am begging her to do for the wedding!

hope this helps!

Karen Wanders
    An Open Invitation
    exclusive wedding paper design
    Kwanders@roadrunner.com
    "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's an amazing place in Rocky River called Paper Trails.  They have a huge selection of invites in every price range.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from vistaprint.com I first ordered a sample for free. Spend about $287 for everything and they came out great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards