Ohio-Northeast
Options

Alterations in Akron/Canton??

Does anyone know of someone that does alterations cheap?
I need to get my wedding dress altered and the price that they quoted me at seems outrageous (at least 300+).....and most, if not all, of the bridesmaids need to get theirs done as well. 
HELP!

Re: Alterations in Akron/Canton??

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not in Akron/Canton, but the best and most reasonably priced seamstress I know is Denise at Julianne's Bridal Outlet in Olmsted Falls (southwest of Cleveland). Make a day of it and have lunch at nearby Clementine's or Bistro du Beaujolais, walk the Grand Pacific Junction area (super cute!), etc. IMO, she'd be worth the drive. She did my bridal gown alts for $65 (skirt hemmed, bustle adjusted, sides of top taken in, cups/straps added). Also, she altered a BM gown for me when I was in my brother's wedding. Alts for that were around $45, IIRC. Highly recommend!

If you can't make the drive, hopefully someone will chime in soon with a closer option for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my dress altered by a lady  in Canal Fulton, she does it out of her house. She changed my dress from a zip up to a lace up, hemmed it, put in a bustle, and made my veil, all for just $80.00. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to give you her number if you are interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never had a bridal gown altered, but I've always been happy with the expertise, prices, and timeframe I've gotten from Ciro & Anna in Ellet Acme Plaza in Akron.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Ciro and Anna that were I took my dress... All I needed was the bustle done. 20.00  then 40 for steaming.. I will pick it up the day before the wedding but anytime I need or want to try it on I just gotta call them and they will have it available!
    image 93 Invited! image 35 Are Trying to Drive me Batty
    image 42 are ready to Light There Candles!(1 ceremony only) image 16 Are Sending candle light from a distance save the date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards