Ohio-Northeast

Marriage license question

For those that already went through the process of getting their license do you recieve it that day? My FI & I are planning from out of town & with the 60 day limit on getting it, it looks like we will only both be in town the few days before the wedding due to work schedules. I didn't know if you had to wait to get it or it would be ok to get it within the couple days before. Thanks!

Re: Marriage license question

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no waiting period. You get it that day when you're there. Oh, and be sure to bring cash to pay for it. They don't take credit cards or checks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    they take checks in summit county! as long as they are in state checks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 11th, 2011

244 invited 98 accepted! 12 can't make it 134 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 25th, 2011

• edited December 2011
    We got ours the same day. There is no official waiting period, but I don't think they promise that you will receive the notice that day. Maybe it might take longer if you were preivously married and they want to check up on the divorce or something like that? My county would only take cash as well. Definately look up the requirements on the county website.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To clarify, Cuyahoga County only takes cash.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards