Illinois-Chicago
Options

Questions to Ask Photographers

Hi ladies!  I am meeting with some photographers over the next week and wasn't exactly sure what I should be asking.  What are some important questions that I should ask before agreeing to work with a photographer??  Thanks so much for your help!!

Re: Questions to Ask Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are a couple important ones:Do you get to pick/meet the actually photographer you will be working with before your wedding day?If and when do you get the digital negatives of all your pictures?How many hours will they be with you on your wedding day?
  • Options
    raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some that were on my list: How many times have you worked specifically as a wedding photographer? How many were similar to the size and formality of our wedding? Can I look at a complete wedding album the photographer has shot? If the wedding photographer uses digital cameras, ask how many shots they usually take What time will the photographer arrive and leave? Will there be backup equipment available? And what happens if the photographer is ill? How long after the event will I get my pictures? In what form? Do you provide the digital negatives in the package? If so, are they fully retouched? How much retouching and/or editing is included, and what will I have to pay extra for? Do you provide a written contract and guarantee? Is a deposit required? If so, how much? When is the deposit due? When is the final payment due? Does he/she have liability insurance?
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the above posts have great suggestions also:-will there be an additional photographer? (important if you want to take pics after ceremony so someone is catching cocktail hour)-will photos be uploaded on a site for guests/family to view
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    citybride09citybride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One suggestion I have is to ask to look at fully galleries from weddings they have shot (all 1000 pictures or whatever). There might be things you notice that are present or missing that you wouldn't always pick up on by just looking at their albums (i.e. I picked up on one photographer that they didn't have good face shots during the ceremony). Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how long to get the photos?are two photographers included for the same price?so that someone can take pictures at cocktail hour while we do formals picturesengagement shoot?backup stuff - what do they have?how long does it take to get the pictures?can i call some references?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we got ours for a huge discount. ask what kinds of specials they are running. our wedding was "interesting" for our photographer's portfolio so we got a hell of a deal and they did an engagement photo session for us pretty much right away which worked out because we could send it out to everyone as an announcement. in this economy i have learned that most of the wedding related companies WILL go down in price you just have to haggle with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards