Illinois-Chicago
Options

POLL: food at a wedding

are your guests getting 1, 2, or 3 options?what are you serving?buffet, family style or plated?

Re: POLL: food at a wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Chicken or steak plated dinner, white glove service
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 option (a lot of extra charge for extra options) served plated. FI's aunt has planned 3 weddings for her daughters and she advised us to do a served dinner rather than a buffet because in her experience, the family had more time to actually eat with the served dinner vs. a buffet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it's 2 options....but really no options. If that makes sense....lol. We are doing chicken and filet. So each person will get both. Since I don't like steak and DH LOVES it we already agreed to switch. LOL. So I'll have 2 peices of chicken and he'll have 2 peices of filet....if we get to eat! It's plated style. I couldn't do it any other way!! We do have buffet style appetizers though! Excited for all that food!!! And we add pasta....lots of food for the big italian wedding. We'll have buffet appetizers, soup, salad, pasta, main course (chicken, filet, potatoes, and veggies). Yum-o!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just one option, but we also have 3 butler passed hors dourves during cocktail hour, and it's a 3-course meal. It just makes it easier. If they aren't happy with the plated selection, hopefully they can fill up on something else. If not, we purchased the super premium bar package, so they'll forget all about it. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We gave each guest two options Chicken Marsala and Filet Mignon with Mushroom sauce. Then for the children who are attending are getting Chicken Tenders. All will be served plated.
    image Ready or not here we go !
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One option (chicken).  Plated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did hors d'oeurve style cocktail reception and the guests loved it... so I guess none of the above : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did plated with each guest getting both chicken and filet.  We also had 6 butler passed hors d'ourves.  Children got chicken fingers (but also still got all other courses - soup, salad, dessert). 
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    White glove plated. Other options: Hors Stations That said-- it really depends on how you do a buffet. I prefer buffets when the b+g don't assign seating and dismiss tables. Guest go up to the buffet at their leisure.
  • Options
    Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plated and 2 options Chicken Vesuvio or Roast Loin of Pork and vegetarian dishes for only 3 guests.
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did two options.  One was a mixed grills (chicken and beef) and two was a veggie option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One option...chicken. It's simple...it's what fit in our budget.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No options. Just a combination of Chix and steak Plated. The caterer did not provide options for the guests to choose. I think this is easier. More than likely, the guests forget the option they chose on the RSVP card. If you are doing a seating chart, it is way easier too IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    3: chicken, salmon, veggie   I guess 4 if you count gluten-free...Plated
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Three options--chicken, pork tenderloin or vegetarian (pasta). We actually so far have had people opt for veg when I know they aren't vegetarian, so that's interesting!
  • Options
    raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was really important to FI that we have a plated dinner rather than a buffet, so that's what we're doing. Our package includes hors d'oeuvres, appetizer, salad, intermezzo, entree, and wedding cake. Our venue offers the guests 2 options, and we're having our tasting in a few weeks to decide what those options will be. We will offer one of these: 1. HERB SEARED PACIFIC HALIBUT with morel mushroom succotash, potato pancakes, wild baby leeks, and truffled corn puree 2. WILD STRIPED BASS with roasted pepper 'basquaise', fingerling potatoes, crispy speck and fines herb 'salad' And one of these: 1. BUTTERMILK POACHED BREAST OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN prociutto ravioli, sunchokes, wilted spinach, porcini confit and cream 2. CHICKEN ROASTED WITH 'HERBS DE PROVENCE' with toasted pearl pasta, ragout of peas, pearl onions, and baby vegetables, tomato and lavender essence.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing what our venue calls "Guests' Choice", so they get a menu with 3 choices on it and they decide when they sit down at our reception. Their choices are: 12 oz. ribeye, chicken francaise, and tortilla crusted tilapia. In addition, they get pasta e fagiole soup, mixed field green salad, twice baked potato, sauteed spinach, wedding cake, and ice cream sundaes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kar45kar45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a white glove plated dinner. 3 choices - Free Range Chicken, Grilled Salmon, and (my favorite) was our veggie option, Garden Pave.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plated:-Asian grilled hangar steakor-Salmon with white wine and leeksBoth are served with a pilaf and roasted green beansWe will also have a veggie option and perhaps a kids.Plus 6 passed hors d'oeuvres and plated salad and artisan bread selection.  Dessert buffet style-a cold chocolate type of thing, wedding cake, and fresh fruit.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be plated, guests will get 2 choices (we are thinking a chicken dish and salmon dish) or a veg. entree.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 115 Made the cut!
    image 90 Are ready to party and cruise Lake Michigan!
    image 21 Are party poopers and would rather be lame at home!
    image 4 Are actually really making me pissy now
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing passed hors d'oeuvers, including mini grilled cheese & tomato soups, mini patty melts, veggie spring rolls, and a cheese platter. Dinner is buffet stations- fried chicken, braised short ribs, a mashed potato bar, green bean 'casserole,' and brussels sprouts with bacon. We're spending a lot of $ but food is my life and pretty much the most important part of the wedding for me!
  • Options
    lmb5109lmb5109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seated. 3 options (beef, chicken, or fish). It was no so easy to manage but the guest said they loved the options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plated.Combo of steak and chicken, or Veggie meal, or Kids meal (chicken fingers).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards