Illinois-Chicago

Dress Fitting Question

Ok, so I'll start off by stating I kinda have an embarrassing question.  Tonight I went for my last dress fitting and I noticed that my strapless dress was creating a crease of skin in the middle of my shoulder blades.  I asked the seamstress at the boutique if this was normal and she told me yes and I got the impression she didn't want to make any changes.  To me this doesn't seem normal and maybe the dress is too tight around the rib cage.  So to all the ladies who are married or getting fitted did your strapless dress create a weird look on your back?  I know this is weird sounding but right now I'm going to feel self conscious on my wedding day that my back doesn't look normal.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
BFP 12/31/12 ~ EDD 9/13/13
BFP Chart

Re: Dress Fitting Question

• edited December 2011
    This happens when the dress is tight - but it doesnt mean its TOO tight. My seamstress showed me how to fix it. Basically someone needs to stick their hand down the back of your dress and sweep from one side to the other. It helps set the skin in place if that makes any sense.
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would start by going back to the dress fitting location, and doing the hand down the back trick, in your seamstress' presence. if your (pardon me here) "back butt" doesn't go away there, it is not going to be gone at your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    haha i totally called it the back butt too..i made sure my seamstress fit the dress so that i didn't have that..i'd have her work on it some more or bring someone wtih you next time and try what pp said and smooth it out.
  • Mags04Mags04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep that was me last night at the place - I told them I had a "butt back" and they thought I was crazy.  That's the only way to describe it hence I put the embarrassing question disclaimer at the top of the post.  I called the salon this morning and told them I wasn't comfortable with how tight it is the rib cage and asked if I could come back and try it on again.  My consultant said she would talk to the seamstress and give me a call back.  I really need to go back and see what we can do about this as it is so not flattering.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP 12/31/12 ~ EDD 9/13/13
    BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Heh, butt back.  We went to my fiance's cousin's wedding, and the groom's mother had massive butt back, not just a little crease but like her butt actually came up from her hips to her neck...it was like plumber's butt back.  Don't freak out about it.  I know that it seems like a big deal, but she can fix it pretty easily.  It's a matter of letting the seam out at the middle back and each of the back shoulder blade seams just a little.  Hopefully she didn't trim off too much of the seam allowance.  Good luck with the dress.  I'm sure you will look beautiful in it no matter what!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards