Ohio-Northeast
Options

Reception and Ceremony Locations

Hi Ladies!  I'm looking into possibly holding my wedding ceremony and reception possibly in your area and was wondering if you could tell me where you're having your ceremony and reception...and what other ones did you maybe consider.

Thanks for ALL your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reception and Ceremony Locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Skyland Pines. I wanted to have my ceremony and reception at the same place, with a reasonable contingency plan in case of inclement weather. I liked Skyland's indoor and outdoor options the best.

With some of the places I looked at, I loved the ceremony location, but not so much with the reception facility or vice versa.

I also looked at:
    Chenoweth
    University Center at Kent State Stark
    North Canton Civic Center
    Springlake Party Center
    The Quarry
    Lake Forest Country Club

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Here are the places I looked:

- Stan Hywet Hall

- The Cleveland Botanical Gardens

- Greystone Hall

- Club Hillbrook

- Manakiki Golf Club

We ended up booking our ceremony and reception at the Metropolitan Centre in Canton. Right now, they are going through some changes so you can use any caterer you want but the Metropolitan will supply the alcohol. You get the entire 3rd floor for your wedding and there's a huge ballroom as well as a rooftop terrace that you can have a ceremony and cocktail hour on. Then we're going to get our photos taken at the Canton Garden Center (which is sooo lovely) and the McKinley Memorial. Both are free and open to the public. Let me know if you need any other info/help!

Kim

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of vibe are you looking for? How many guests do you expect? Do you plan on holding your ceremony and reception at the same site?

A friend of mine had her ceremony and reception at the Lodge at Geneva, just east of Cleveland. The ceremony was outside and the reception was inside.

DH and I were married at Pleasant Hills United Methodist Church in MIddleburg Hts, then had the reception in Strongsville, at the Belarusan American Community Center. The BACC is a gorgeous hall that only does one event at a time, so we had the place to ourselves. It holds up to 300, IIRC. The food is great and the pp price is a fantastic value compared with many other similar locations. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Since we were paying for the majority of the whole thing, that was a definite plus for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls, thanks for your responses so far and sorry for leaving out some important information!  I've got a guest list of 100-120 and I'm going for a vintage theme.  I'm open to a more formal affair or even something as informal as a local park.  I'd like a place I could hold both the ceremony and reception if possible and indoor and outdoor I'm flexible with.  I'm looking for October of next year.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony and reception are at Manakiki Golf Course in Willoughby Hills. They are catered by Sammys. The ceremony and reception space are beautiful! I would not let the pictures on the sammys website deter you, they are just old and not a good representation of the space.

Good luck!
  • Options
    soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be careful about Greystone. There were a few unfavorable reviews on here.
    See post HELP
    posted at 8/11/2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married next July at Inn Walden in Aurora as well as holding the reception there. It's the only 5 diamond AAA rated inn in Ohio, which is perfect since we won't have to travel very far after the reception. I fell absolutely in love with it. 
    I also looked at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens, Holden Arboretum and Mooreland Mansion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try Pineridge Country Club. It's beautiful
    www.dinoscatering.com
  • Options
    clcandow07clcandow07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pic of berkshire

i am booked for October 8 2011 at Berkshire hills country club in chesterland ohio
    the pics on the website don't do it justice, the have a place for ceremony and reception. It is about average prices, which is great because it is an above average place can fit up to 500. we have 120! My friend booked Alpine ski resort she said the prices are great and can fit up to 150! hope this helps
  • Options
    JenS711JenS711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey Kristy,

I second Lake Forest country club, It has a cool vintage-y feel

Lake Forest Country Club 

And Stan Hywet is beautiful, there are great gardens and the interior is amazing

Stan Hywet Hall

October 2011:
    Favorite registry item:Fiestaware

Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards